Best Plantar Fasciitis Insoles & Inserts [Top Shoe Inserts 2020!]We go over the 100% best plantar fasciitis insoles, shoes inserts for FAST relief of pain. Save money and make the right choice!
- One of the top causes of heel pain is plantar fasciitis. This is damage to a ligament that holds your heel to your toes.
- Another root cause of heel pain has flat feet.
- There are also photos of heel spurs that can occur to the bottom of your heel (plantar fascia insertion) and the back of your heel (Achilles tendon insertion).
- Baxter’s nerve entrapment can also happen at the bottom of the heel.
- An underlying cause is an overpronated flatfoot or an over a supinated high arched foot.
- A plantar fibroma is a thick nodule that can occur within your plantar fascia ligament and contribute to plantar fasciitis.
- This can lead to the formation of a heel stress fracture( AKA calcaneus stress fracture.)
Please click on the gallery for a guided tour through heel pain conditions!
How to Choose a Shoe Insert:
- If you have foot pain, and orthotic is not designed to make the pain go away.
- And orthotic is designed to relieve the pressure that causes the overworking of muscles and ligaments.
- The biggest mistake people make when choosing a plantar fasciitis shoe insole, is by thinking it is like a pain cream or anti-inflammatory medications.
- It is very important to relieve your pain first, and then use an insole or insert to prevent future pain.
Our Plantar Fasciitis Algorithm:
First decrease the inflammation from your plantar fasciitis.
- This can be done by icing, anti-inflammatories, massaging and gradually stretching.
- Some of our recommended products for pain relief are located here:
Orthotics Do Not Eradicate Inflammation:
- With significant pain, the more supportive and firm orthotic may not cause the most relief at the beginning.
- As your pain decreases, and your flexibility again increases you will likely be best suited with more controlling firm insert. This will let you start walking more and more without new pain developing.
What Should I start with?
- If you are really sore and stiff a softer orthotic or gel orthotic such as a Dr. Scholl’s soft insert. But you will quickly find this does not fully prevent new foot pain.
- You will quickly notice you want to move into something more supportive like a power step Three-quarter insert. At that point you can then move into a full control insert.
- Most people will find that The gel inserts, and the three-quarter inserts do not provide as much support as they need after the initial pain goes away. The best medium to long-term orthotics are the full-length power step orthotics. Some people do best with the maximum support if they can gradually work up to it.
Best Plantar Fasciitis Insoles & Inserts:
- These are our favorite and most cost effective plantar fasciitis shoe inserts.
- There are different types for different shoes.
- Women’s shoes usually need a less bulky orthotic, but allow for less correction.
- A full length orthotic requires a running shoe, boot or comfortable walking/dress shoe.
- We recommend doing everything you can to get a good supportive shoe that can fit a full length orthotic.
- This is the best way to maximize your orthotics for great results.
Best Full Length Orthotics:
- These will only work in wider shoes or a good supportive running shoe.
- Full length plantar fasciitis insoles and inserts can be the best pain relief.
- This will not work in sandals, flats or most women’s dress shoes.
Best Dress Shoe Orthotics:
- These are a great choice for dress orthotics.
Best 3/4 Length Orthotics:
- These are great options for women’s dress shoes and thinner shoes.
- These are not the most supportive pair of orthotics.
Get A Great Dynamic Stretch:
- It is possible to stretch on your own, but these products can also really help!
- This will take pressure off of the ball of your foot.
- We personally prefer this method of stretching.
Alternatives To Shoe Orthotics:
Best Home Orthotic Slippers:
Best Women’s Orthotic Slippers:
Click the link to see the best rated women’s orthotic slippers for home use!
Click the link to see the best rated Men’s orthotic slippers for home use!
Best Orthotic Sandals:
Click the link to see the best rated women’s orthotic sandals!
Click the link to see the best rated Men’s orthotic sandals!