Dry Feet Remedies
Dry Feet Remedies: The major causes of dry cracked feet are simple chronic dehydration and possibly athlete’s foot fungus. Find out what to do!
Dry Cracked Feet Causes:
- The bottom of the foot has a large concentration of sweat glands.
- But there are not oil secreting glands, this puts the foot at risk for dehydration.
- It is very important for the sole of the foot to be well moisturized.
- This is especially important after bathing or showering.
- The sole of the foot is also susceptible to athlete’s foot fungus.
- Foot fungus is to be suspected in diabetics and if you have toenail fungus.
Risk Factors For Dry Peeling Feet:
- Frequent bathing or showering without moisturizing (wet dry feet).
- Older age.
- Susceptibility to flaking or peeling on the face or scalp.
- Eczema in other parts of the body.
- Low humidity.
- Harsh soaps or frequent soap use.
- Suspect athlete’s foot fungus if you have toenail fungus or diabetes.
How To Cure Dry Cracked Feet:
- The best way to cure your dry feet is to moisturize!
- The second best way to cure your dry feet is to avoid the risk factors above.
- Always moisturize after showering or bathing.
- Try a different brand of soap.
- Moisturize more in winter months.
- If this still is not helping, suspect foot fungus or something else.
Very Dry Feet Treatment:
- The universal moisturizing agent is petroleum jelly.
- Petroleum jelly is cheap and available everywhere.
- Almost all heavy duty moisturizers will work great.
- Apply the petroleum jelly to the dry areas after getting your feet wet.
- Apply the petroleum jelly at night before going to bed.
- Avoid putting it between your toes!
Removing Thick Flaky Heel Skin:
- After you soften up the dry skin with the petroleum jelly.
- Get a pumice stone or an emery board.
- The thick skin should come off very easily now!
- If you feel pain, stop scraping the skin away!
Suspect Athlete’s Foot Fungus:
- If these treatments do not resolve the dry skin after a few days or weeks, consider foot fungus.
- This is the most common cause of dry skin in the world.
- It effects your sole region and between the toes.
- Home remedies work great on athlete’s foot fungus.
- Unfortunately moisturizing alone will not make it go away.