Toenail Pain [Toenail Fungus, Ingrown Toenails, Discolored Toenails]
Ingrown Toenail Doctor: Best Podiatrists in Berkley, Michigan!
Do you need an ingrown toenail doctor? We’ve got you covered with the best podiatrists and foot doctors in Berkley, Michigan!
Toenail Fungus (Onychomycosis) Treatment & Cure Options:
Ingrown Toenail & Curved Toenail Photo Gallery:
- An ingrown toenail is also known as onychocryptosis.
- An ingrown toenail can include toenail fungus, which is called onychomycosis.
- If the toenail is very thick and rough, this is called onychogryphosis.
- This gallery also shows MRI images that can lead to a bone infection in very severe cases of ingrown toenails.
- Don’t wait too long. See your podiatrist!
So, feel free to click on the gallery for descriptions & please share!
Ingrown Toenail Removal :
There are three types of ingrown toenail removal that we can perform for you.
- Medical pedicure consists of using specialized sterile instruments that we prepare specifically for you. This includes cleaning and shortening your thick and or fungal toenails.
- We then perform a smooth to ensure your toenails do not have any sharp segments I would get caught in your socks.
- At this point, we would then moisturize your feet.
- While we do this, we evaluate you for any decreased blood flow, nerve disorders, any skin disorders.
- This is not a cosmetic medical pedicure excavation point. This is specifically based on medical standards, and we make sure there is nothing unhealthy going on in your foot.
2) Ingrown Toenail Removal Treatment:
- To remove your ingrown toenail to the root, we would have to numb up your toe.
- If an infection is present, we will use a wound culture to ensure no abnormal bacteria growing care.
- If there are signs of significant infection, we will start you on an antibiotic.
- If there are no issues at this point, we will provide addressing, and you should feel better over the next 1 to 2 days.
3) Permanent Ingrown Toenail Removal:
- Another name for this is a total matrixectomy.
- If you have this ingrown toenail coming back more than two or three times, it may be worth applying medication to the root of the removed toenail.
- This is much less likely to allow the toenail ever to go back.
- At this time, the wound site will need one to two weeks to heal fully. He can usually get discovered with a Band-Aid.
- Once this is performed, it is doubtful for your nail to come back shortly.
If you have an ingrown toenail, our podiatrists and foot doctors are your best choice!
Types of ingrown toenails we remove:
Chronic Ingrown Toenail Removal:
- A chronic ingrown toenail can be considered an ingrown toenail that has come back at least 3 times or is present for more than 2-6 weeks.
- It is not normal to have a chronic ingrown toenail, and her podiatrist should treat this.
What causes chronic ingrown toenails?
- Chronic ingrown toenails are usually caused by the skin pinching against the nail rather than the nail pinching against the skin.
- This might sound like a confusing concept, but it is usually pressure applied onto the skin that causes the problem.
- Some studies have shown that a chronic ingrown toenail is usually caused not a genetic deformity of the nail. It is usually caused by repeated pressure on the big toe joint or the second toe, or the fifth toe.
- We frequently see ingrown toenails develop more on people who are on their feet all day.
- This is usually on a foot type with more pressure tightness and potentially bunion formation.
Chronic ingrown toenail surgery:
- We performed chronic ingrown toenail surgery almost every single day within our office.
- We believe that it is a relatively straightforward and low-risk procedure with excellent results.
- Studies show that ingrown toenail surgery in the office is both safe and effective.
- We start this process by providing a numbing agent to your toe, usually administered with a freeze spray and a very, very tiny needle.
- After a few minutes, the toe should have a minimal sensation, similar to a tooth procedure at the dentist’s office.
- At this point, we used sterilized and hygienic tools to remove the corner of the ingrown toenail.
- We can permanently remove this corner by applying some medication. This is called a permanent ingrown toenail removal surgery.
Chronic ingrown toenail treatment:
- The best way to get chronic ingrown toenail treatment is to visit your local podiatrist’s office for ingrown toenail removal surgery.
- If you have a chronic ingrown toenail, this could lead to an infection and lead to big problems.
- Insurance covers ingrown toenail removal procedures with a podiatrist or foot doctor.
- We recommend rather than trying to treat it at home, follow with the specialist and be safe.
- Treatment is tough at home for a chronic ingrown toenail as this can cause severe pain and potentially lead to further risk.
How to fix a chronic ingrown toenail?
- The best way to fix and chronic ingrown toenail is to see your podiatrist or foot doctor.
- As mentioned above, it is covered by insurance, and if you do not have insurance, it can be performed for a relatively low cost.
- So what are you waiting for does? Give us a call and get your toenail taken care of.
Constant ingrown toenails:
- Constant ingrown toenails are similar to chronic ingrown toenails.
- We like to think of constant ingrown toenails as happening at least 3 times or more or sticking around for 2 weeks or more.
- These constant ingrown toenails can lead to possible infected ingrown toenails and significant issues.
- Rather than trying to claim constant ingrown toenails for disability, do come to see a podiatrist and get your ingrown toenail removed.
Constant ingrown toenail pain:
- If you are getting pain in the corner of your toenail, stop the pain and see us for a quick ingrown toenail removal procedure in the office.
- We consider this a very safe and effective procedure, with relatively low-risk vacancies feeling better very quickly.
Impacted toenail vs. ingrown toenail:
- Suppose you have an impacted toenail. This means that the root may be dislodged or jammed backward into the toenail.
- An impacted toenail can be thought of as a toenail that is jammed backward into the toenail root.
- If this is the case, we may have to perform a total nail removal to allow your entire nail to grow back.
- This will require some anesthetic, but it can be performed in the office.
Impacted vs. ingrown toenail diagnosis:
- This diagnosis is most easily made by seeing if the toenail is loose.
- An impacted toenail will usually be loose and show dried blood or red blood underneath the toenail.
- It could even just be a clear nail if it dislodged over time.
- If you are worried about an impacted toenail versus an ingrown toenail, schedule an appointment with the podiatrist, have a professional evaluated, and take great care of your foot.
Impacted toenail treatment:
- An impacted toenail is very difficult to treat at home.
- In our experience, the best treatment is to anesthetize the toe and remove the toenail.
- We think that this is a prevalent cause of toenail fungus for most people.
- If the toenail is impacted and avulsed from the tissue underneath the nail, it is no longer receiving blood flow.
- If this toenail is no longer receiving blood flow, it is basically like a thick skin flake on top of your toe.
- This is, unfortunately, a good home for bacteria and fungus.
- This could lead to an impacted toenail infection, and it can be tough to clean this impacted toenail.
Impacted toenail cleaning:
- In our experience, we do not believe impacted toenail cleaning is worth it.
- As we mentioned above, this nail will likely not grow back if the blood flow is severed.
- It is best to get seen by a toenail specialist like a podiatrist or foot doctor and get this toenail safely and effectively removed.
- In this way, it can be challenging to fix and impacted the toenail because it is essentially ripped off dead tissue.
- But if it is removed safely, then the new nail can grow back within a few months.
Impacted toenail removal:
- We perform impacted toenail removal surgery almost daily.
- We believe that this is a very effective and safe treatment that yields excellent results.
- Once in the office, this procedure can be performed within about 15-20 minutes, with minimal downtime afterward.
- Having an impacted toenail removed can sometimes feel much better at the end of the first day than before having the procedure done.
- This is our experience with most of our patients.
Ingrown toenail removal cost:
- In almost every situation, this should be covered by insurance.
- An infected ingrown toenail should be considered an urgent medical problem that should be taken care of soon as possible.
- A toenail infection with an ingrown toenail is a hazardous condition that can hospitalize you untreated.
- As podiatrists and foot doctors, we take this very seriously, and we will be there to help you with your ingrown toenail care.
Ingrown toenail removal near me:
- If you require ingrown toenail removal surgery or podiatrist care, we would love to help!
- Give our office a call as soon as possible!
What a Podiatrist Can Do For YOU!
11 Reasons To Choose US!
- 🥇 We work hard for YOUR Satisfaction. (If you’re not 100% satisfied with your appointment, we WILL do everything we can to FIX IT for you.) Terms & Conditions.
- 🦶The BEST Podiatrists: Board Certified in Foot Surgery & Board Certified in Podiatric Medicine for all of your foot & ankle needs!
- 💻Telehealth appointment from the comfort of your own home!
- 🚗 You Can Park 100% for Free Right Outside The Door.
- 📲 You Can Book Online 24/7 Right From Your Phone.
- 🌙 You Can Get A Late Appointment Or Seen Outside of Regular Hours……No Need To Take Time Off Work.
- 🏠 If you cannot come to see us due to health issues or immobility… We can come to see YOU!
- 💉 The BEST Tools: In-office X-ray, In-office fluoroscopy, In-office ultrasound, injections, skin treatment, and in-office surgical suite. We are trained to use the NEWEST equipment.
- 📞 You Can Take Up Our Offer for a Phone or Telehealth Consult With Our Podiatry Team before you arrive if you are unsure if we can help you.
- 🏥 A professional cutting edge surgical suite staffed by residency trained Board Certified Foot & Ankle Surgeons: Minimally Invasive Surgery!
- 👣You Get Treated By Podiatrists Who Specialize In the Foot & Ankle, So They KNOW What’s Needed To Get You Back On Your Feet.
Free BOOK to solve foot pain:
STOP wasting TIME & MONEY on your foot & ankle pain!
“11 SIMPLE Ways to STOP Foot PAIN. “
Learn 11 simple step-by-step tips to get rid of foot & ankle pain… even if you’ve suffered for months or years and your doctor told you nothing could be done to help!
Frustrated With Your Foot Pain? Let Us Help!
Not sure what to do?
Not sure who to ask?
- If you live in Michigan, we can HELP!
Fill in the form, and one of our highly qualified team will be in touch to discuss your specific problem.
What a Podiatrist Can Do For YOU!
Podiatrist services we offer:
- Toenail Fungus Treatment (Oral or Laser ).
- Toenail Trimming.
- Orthotics Fitting.
- Ingrown Toenails.
- Infected Ingrown Toenails.
- Trimming of Corns, Trimming of Calluses and Treatment of Pressure Blisters.
- Diabetic Foot Care & Diabetic Foot Wounds.
- Athletes Foot, Dry Skin, Eczema.
- Foot & Ankle Ulcer Care.
- Infection and Abscess Care.
- Staph Infections in the Toe or Foot Treatment.
- Treatment of Plantar Warts for Your Toes and Feet.
- Foot & Ankle Injections (Steroid or Natural Solutions.)
- Management of Foot & Ankle Fractures (Walking Boots for broken toes or broken feet).
- Heel Pain (Heel Spur or Plantar Fasciitis).
- Custom Orthotics for children and adults.
- Over the Counter Orthotics for children and and adults.
- Podiatrist medical pedicure.
- Extra-Depth Shoes for Patients with Diabetes.
- Diabetic Shoes.
- Gout Treatment.
- Prescription (Refills).
- Telehealth appointments.
In-office procedures podiatrists can perform:
We can perform toenail, toe, foot, heel & ankle surgery in the office!
We can help with: