The Best Verruca Home Remedies
- The Best Verruca Home Remedies are three extremely effective home remedies.
- These can be tried with your medical specialists before seeking more intensive medical treatment like surgery with your podiatrist or foot doctor.
- Just remember if you do have a medical
These three home remedies utilize an occlusive tape method. If that doesn’t work, then next on your list should be apple cider vinegar, and the third on your list should be salicylic acid.
I have to say this upfront, this list is not based on potency- but I am starting you on ease of use as well, low cost, and the lack of pain as the most important criteria.
Practicale Home Remedy Choice:
- In my opinion, even though the duct tape method is not the most potent in removing the wart, it is one you can likely try right now because we all have duct tape in our homes.
- The benefits of duct tape vs. the other two treatments are that it does not produce any pain, whereas apple cider vinegar and salicylic acid can produce pain for either the 1st few hours you are using them or the next 4-5 days!
- For this reason, duct tape is my #1 Rank Home Remedy of Choice out of the best verruca home remedies.
The Best Verruca Home Remedies:
My Home Remedy of Choice is cheap, quick, easy, and produces NO PAIN.
The Journal of American Physicians posted a medical trial that showed duct tape when applied in the link shown by the link and was able to remove 85% of warts in children 12- 16 within two months. For this reason, I recommend using this method for at least the first 2-3 months and then switching to apple cider vinegar or salicylic acid.
Apple cider vinegar is something most people have at home (white vinegar works great as well). It is fairly easy and practical to apply. Still, it has two things going against it: very few proven medical research papers prove that apple cider vinegar is effective (but there are none showing parachutes are effective either- because everyone knows they are!). In some people, it can really irritate your skin! Some people develop irritation that burns the skin for 3-4 hours or even 3-4 days.
In theory, apple cider vinegar is very similar to salicylic acid concerning its acid properties, but it is not as well researched. It is cheaper and more available, but it still burns likes salicylic acid.
Salicylic acid is the number 1 ranked treatment shown by research and accepted by podiatrists and family physicians. This is the most potent of the home remedies, but it is not that readily acquired. It can cost a little bit of money, and it can irritate the skin of some people. If you choose to go this way right off the bat, then be extremely confident! Salicylic acid is fairly cheap and can be acquired over the counter at most pharmacy stores with ready-to-go products in the form of patches and topical creams that come with instructions.
The Best Verruca Home Remedies Ranked Purely on Potency:
When to see your podiatrist about your verruca?
It would be best if you went see your podiatrist when you progress through the three stages at your own convenience, as described above. But if I can recommend using just one treatment, go with the duct tape method! Even if you feel that you should go earlier because you are worried about your verruca, then go for it.
For more on The Best Verruca Home Remedies: