The Best Verruca Removal Treatment Method
The Best Verruca Removal Treatment Method is duct tape in my opinion!
Duct Tape is the Best Way to Remove Foot Verruca
Using duct tape for the removal of plantar warts has an admittedly mixed set of reviews according to scientific literature. Some studies say that it works great and other studies say that it doesn’t work any better than simply letting the wart disappear on its own; but the duct tape method has 2 amazing benefits that no other treatment has:
- It’s basically free and everyone probably already has duct tape at home.
- It is literally the only pain free and risk free treatment method available.
So I say try the duct tape method before you try anything else, it’s not the best or the most proven method, but it is the most practical 1st choice treatment. If it doesn’t work then no big deal, you can always try the apple cider vinegar treatment or the salicylic acid over the counter treatment next without having lost anything.
How to use the Duct Tape to Remove A Foot Verruca
What you need:
- Roll of Duct Tape
- Some rubbing alcohol or an alcohol wipe (not essential if you don’t have it)
- Pumice Stone or Emery Board
- Cut out enough duct tape to surround the wart, usually a huge strip is not needed.
- Clean the skin(remove natural skin oils with alcohol) with topical isopropyl alcohol(any rubbing alcohol) or an alcohol wipe.
- Just stick the tape on and make sure the corners are stuck on well, then leave it for approximately 6 days, but if it comes off just replace it with a new one.
- When you take the tape off use a pumice stone or an emery board to gently remove the top layer of loosened skin from the wart- This should not cause pain!
- Clean the top layer with rubbing alcohol and re-apply a new piece of tape for approximately 2-3 months
Why This is The Best Verruca Removal Treatment Method
-This is personally my favorite plantar wart treatment method! Everyone has the supplies at home and there is zero risk or pain!
-It won’t work for everyone, and it doesn’t have to- but it there is zero harm in trying it. So I say go ahead an try it for a couple months, it will keep your warts from spreading, it will at the very least keep them the same size or smaller and decrease the thick skin.
-Even if it doesn’t work it “softens” the wart up for the next treatment whether it be apple cider vinegar or salicylic acid!
For more on The Best Verruca Removal Treatment Method: