- We focus on what has worked for 10,000+ patients & medical research.
- The #1 goal is to keep costs LOW and treatment SIMPLE.
- Just remember this is for educational reference only.
- If you have a medical problem visit with your personal doctor.
- Please comment if any questions!
Getting Glass Out of My Foot: Podiatrist Guide!
Getting glass out of my foot: this can be one of the top 3 things stuck in your foot! Stop the pain NOW.
Table of Contents
Step one: Glass and Foot Soak
- Get a large bowl of water and some Epsom salts.
- You take the water, and you mix it with some Epsom salts, usually about a cup to 1/2 cup.
- The only goal of this is that we will make your skin nice and fluffy. Mix around the water should be lukewarm to warm but never hot.
- Please don’t burn your feet, and check it with your hands.
- The idea is that your skin will become flaky around the glass, and this alone can cause your glass to pop out of your foot.
- The goal is to let this happen for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- The heat and the so will soak into your skin to make it nice and puffy, and this will make the glass come loose.
- Be careful manipulating this with your own hand, as it can really mess up your skin. If you excellently push up even higher.
Supplies That You Will Need:
1 large bowl.
1/2 cup Epsom salts.
Warm but not hot water.
Someone to help you see the bottom of your foot.
Step two: Using tweezers to get it out of the soft skin.
This is something you should be very safe with, but the best way of getting glass out of your foot is to presoak it with Epsom salts and water, and then use some tweezers to pull it out. This is something you have to be very careful about.
As the glasses embedded in your foot, some of the time.
The tweezers can push it down even further. So be very sure that you can see it and you can get it out. If you do have a tiny piece of glass in your foot, the tweezers could easily push it down further, and it can cause you even more issues.
How to use Tweezers:
Disclaimer -Do NOT try at Home!
- Give the Epsom salts 20-30 minutes to soften up your skin.
- Have a health care professional or someone supervising the process.
- At this point, the goal is to grab the glass from the sides.
- It is effortless to push it into the skin accidentally.
- It is also possible to “scoop” the glass out with a currette; this may be the safer option.
- If the glass did not puncture through the skin, it should loosen and come out mostly independently.
- If the glass penetrates through the skin and into the subcutaneous fat, it would be difficult to remove.
Step three: Removing Glass Home Remedies:
Home remedy tricks:
These include using a piece of cotton with some castor oil or glue on the end of the Q-tip.
Do these home remedies work? I would probably bet that these do not have a great chance of working.
Some people claim that this might be a good idea when you go online. The reality is that these techniques are not very effective and there is a high chance of possibly pushing the glass in even further.
What Doctor Should I See?
- Call us biased, but we believe the podiatrist is the right person for the job excavation point.
- At a podiatrist’s office, you will be able to immediately get an x-ray immediately and receive treatment that same day.
- Most podiatrists have an ultrasound unit and x-ray available within the office, and it is possible to use a local anesthetic to numb up that portion of the foot.
- It is usually a straightforward process to remove the glass splinter or other foreign bodies with your foot numb.
When is Surgery Needed?
- It may be necessary to perform surgery if there is a complication, such as an object penetrating near artery nerves or bone or muscle or tendon.
- This would need to be performed at an operating room, which may require further stitches and protection of your foot.
- A podiatrist or foot doctor could also help you through this treatment process as well.
getting glass out of foot, glass in foot infection, glass in my foot, glass out of foot, glass embedded in foot, tiny glass in foot, glass in your foot, glass in foot for years, glass in foot soak,broken glass in foot, glass deep in foot, pulling glass out of foot
Using ultrasound to detect foreign bodies in the foot: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29426979
This is opinion only:
For the viewer: Do not consider this video as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. We strongly urge you to contact your own podiatrist or physician with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. If you are having an emergency, call 911 immediately or see your physician. Do not allow this information to let you disregard your professionals medical advice or delay seeking based on information from this content. Do not rely on information provided by an online video such as this.
Healthcare practitioners: The content here is for entertainment purposes only. The authors have done their best to provide the most up to date evidence-based information, but this content should definitely not be considered any type of medical standard, and it definitely does not reflect individual practices in other geographic areas.
This is strictly for medical education purposes only, it is not intended for diagnosis or treatment. The people involved in this film are consented for being filmed in the use of video for educational and promotional purposes. the information in these videos is the opinion of the author only and is not an official opinion of any organizations that the authors may be a part of. This information is the opinion of Foot and Ankle Web Services LLC, this is not the opinion of the APMA, MPMA, ACFAS, nor any association that anyone present in the videos he may be a part of. Do not take any of this opinion as fact, this is for entertainment only. See your personal practictioner for specific advice.