Best Shoes & Best Insoles
How To Measure Your Shoe Size and Width at Home: [Best Length & FIT]
Find out how to measure your shoe size at home in length and width at home: This guide works 95% of the time, and we show you what to do the remaining 5%!
How do you measure real shoe size at home.
- You would need to get a couple pieces of equipment. First:
- The first thing you need is some tape and a large piece of paper which is bigger than your foot.
- Take a piece of paper down to the floor.
- You will then prepare to draw a trace outline of your foot.
- So avoid putting this on carpet or any other soft surface.
- Make sure to even flat surface.
- Place your foot on top of the paper.
- This should be a firm flat piece of paper on a firm flat piece of floor.
- Try to put your foot on the paper the long ways.
- Grab a piece of paper and draw an outline around your foot trying to keep the pen vertical or the pencil vertical.
- Draw the outline of your foot all the way around your foot.
- Drawing this line is okay around the sock, but don’t actually be wearing shoe.
- Draw a rectangle around the foot.
- This is the width and the length of the foot.
Step five and step six :
- Measure the length, and measure the width.
- This is the length and width of your foot.
- Subtract 3/16 of an inch from each number.
- This is accommodate the small space between the line made by the pencil in your actual foot.
- Use Google define the sizing chart for your foot. Depending on the country or in can use European sizes or American sizes. Make sure you’re using the appropriate one for your order.
- It is possible to order off Amazon from Europe or from another country. So just be aware of your ordering the right size.
- Make sure if you are woman, you are using woman sizes and if you are a man you are using men sizes.
- This one gets me all the time in the clinic when I am grabbing inserts for somebody!
- It’s always possible that your shoe size all that big or little bit small.
- At this point you can use our guide for making sure they shoe fit smaller or smaller shoe fits bigger.
Table of Contents
Podiatrist Recommended Orthotics:
- These are our recommended orthotics & insoles.
- Different insoles & orthotics are needed for different types of shoes.
- Women’s shoes usually need a less bulky orthotic but allow for less correction.
- A full-length orthotic requires a running shoe, boot, or comfortable walking/dress shoe.
- We recommend doing everything you can to get a good supportive shoe that can fit a full-length orthotic.
- This is the best way to maximize your orthotics for great results.
Best Full-Length Orthotics:
- These will only work in wider shoes or a good supportive running shoe.
- They do have better correction if you can fit them into your shoe and get a good fit.
- Usually, it is necessary to go up 1/2 size or full size to be able to fit them.
- This will not work in sandals, flats, or most women’s dress shoes.
Best Dress Shoe Orthotics:
- These are a great choice for dress orthotics.
- If you have a pointed shoe, this may benefit most from 3/4 orthotics.
- A full-length dress shoe orthotic can work better in wide-toe box or loafer style dress shoes.
Best 3/4 Length Orthotics:
- These are great options for women’s dress shoes and thinner shoes.
- This may be a good starting option for insoles and orthotics if you have never worn a pair before.
- The break-in period may be easier than getting used to a firmer full-length pair.
- These are not the most supportive pair of orthotics.
Get A Great Dynamic Stretch:
- It is possible to stretch on your own, but these products can also really help!
- These are a great option for increasing foot flexibility.
- I personally use these stretching devices every single day to maintain good flexibility and shoe fit.
- This will take pressure off of the ball of your foot.
- We personally prefer this method of stretching.
Best Shoes & Best Insoles