Verruca Duct Tape Removal Treatment Method
Verruca Duct Tape Removal Treatment Method- This is my personal treatment of choice! The thing you have to know about foot warts is that except for pain and the ability to spread, there is probably not too much else to worry about. This duct tape method is not the most potent way to remove them, but you don’t have to buy anything extra, you just stick on a piece of duct tape to your foot and forget its even there for 2 weeks. Duct tape stick to the foot great, especially the heel and the forefoot; you can even shower with it on.
Is Duct Tape the Best Verruca Treatment?
It is my personal favorite, watch this video to find out why!
How Does Duct Tape Work:
Duct Tape removes warts in these ways:
-It mechanically debrides the top layer of skin when the wart is pulled away.
-The emery board and pumice stone also debride away the wart.
-Occlusion and water maceration occur underneath the duct tape loosening the skin and priming it for any mechanical debridement.
-These things combine to stimulate an immunologic awareness of the site of the wart; whether it is inflammation or irritation, white blood cells flood into the area and destroy the foreign wart cells and particles.
Verruca Duct Tape Removal Treatment Method – Does it Work?
The studies are all over the place on the use of duct tape. Some say it works great and everyone else is just trying to steal your money and then other studies say duct tape does not work at all. The truth is it probably helps a good deal(at least to me) for normal warts, it is cheap, it is easy, and if the wart is still there as in cases of really resistant warts: then just try something else!
- Simply cut out a piece of duct tape.
- Cleanse your skin and the wart with rubbing alcohol.
- Put the piece of tape on.
- Debride the skin with a pumice stone or emery board after you take the tape off 3-4 days later, but not to the point of pain!
- Repeat this for 2-3 months.
Combine with Apple Cider Vinegar
- According to the Mayo Clinic- duct tape can be combined with apple cider vinegar.
- This method is also very simple and you will need : Apple Cider Vinegar, A Q-tip applicator and a Band-aid
- Just use the Q tip to apply vinegar to the wart (yes this will sting a little), then put a band-aid over it while you go to sleep. This will turn the wart black after a little while.
- There is not much studies for this, but people claim it works for them.
- Combine this with the duct tape method for added results.
For more on The Verruca Duct Tape Removal Treatment Method: