Foot Gout Pain: Big Toe & Ball of the Foot Causes & Best Treatment 2020
Foot Gout Pain – Learn the best things that you can do at home to start treating your gout! This is the best proven home treatments devised by podiatrists!
Foot Gout Symptoms:
- Learn how to identify gout and make completely sure that this is what you have going on!
- Foot gout is an arthritis that appears one morning out of nowhere!
- The joint is red, hot and swollen leading; you can tell this apart from other types of arthritis because it is never gradually or slowly on setting.
Foot Gout Causes:
- Gout is caused by the buildup of a chemical compound called uric acid.
- This is a normal DNA date breakdown product in people, but some people can’t metabolize it. They can’t pee it out fast enough.
- That’s really the problem of gout. Is a complex chemical process in is very tough to understand.
- The bottom line is, gout is the buildup of crystal compound called uric acid. This almost looks like sugar inside your big toe joint.
- It can happen in other joints as well, but it 90% of the time it is inside the big toe joint.
- Other places we see it is in the smaller toes second toe third toe fourth tone fifth toe, he can also happen in the ankle joint, or the top of the foot.
- These are the causes of gout in the foot in the big toe joint.
Is this due to my gout diet?
- The two things you want to avoid while you are susceptible to gout. His drinking alcohol and being dehydrated.
- Gout is due to something called uric acid.
- This is usually metabolized by meats and seafood.
- So, if you are prone to gout, you do need to eat less meat and seafood while you are drinking alcohol and not being hydrated.
- You can even help yourself out quite a bit by drinking a lot of water.
- The bottom line is I don’t be dehydrated while eating a lot of protein and DNA containing substances such as seafood and meat. These are Hyperion foods and these will put you at risk going into the future.
- If you have more than three gout attacks is worth seeing your podiatrist or primary care doctor for long-term medication to prevent gout attacks.
- This is because gout can be very painful. So stop gout in your foot in your toe.
Foot Gout Pain Home Treatment:
The best initial treatment for gout is to call your podiatrist. Sorry for the stupid answer but it is the truth!
- I know this is a cheap answer, but it’s the truth, you do need medications.
- The best medications are oral steroids or medication called colchicine.
- This is not something you can solve very quickly by putting a exercising or stretching.
- This is a painful sugar like substance built up in your joint, this is almost like a razor blade slicing apart your joint. Every time dependent. That’s why exercise and stretch as well.
- To minimize the pain, it does make sense to elevate the joint and get some ice on it, but it will still hurt quite a bit.
- So this is a unfulfilling answer for you but you do have to get some medication.
- The best bet is if you have had a prior gout attack, talk your podiatrist and have some oral steroids, or some anti-inflammatories on hand.
- This is unfortunately what is needed because this is a medical disorder that does need a strong cure.
Best Gout Supplements:
- Use these at your own risk, but they do have great reviews!
- The studies are not definitive on supplements, but people are very loyal to these.
- Read the reviews on Amazon and give them a try.
- Just make sure to check with your podiatrist before taking any medications!
- The best options are to see your podiatrist.
- Gout is best served with good medications like colchicine or even oral steroids.
- But make sure your doctor evaluates your gout and makes sure that is what it is!
- Consider the following options at your own risk!
- Motrin, Ibuprofen or even indomethacin can work great.
- If you know a podiatrist, have them send you an oral steroid if possible.
- Make sure you see your podiatrist first before taking medications!
Elevate your foot:
- The more you can elevate your foot, the less blood flow will rush to the site.
- This should really help reduce the pain.
Massage & Ice Products:
- Icing can be done at home almost immediately.
- Get yourself a cloth and use it around a frozen bag of peas or ice.
- Apply this for your foot 20 minutes at a time.
Menthol Based Gels:
- Biofreeze is one of our favorites.
- These gels have been studied to work 2x as long as ice.
Wait it out:
- Take it easy that day, generally doing these things for 1-2 days will start to feel better.
- Go see you podiatrist as soon as possible for steroids or Indomethacin if possible.
- Make sure it’s not a different problem as well!