Bunion Doctor Michigan [The BEST Bunion Podiatrists & Bunion Foot Doctors!]
Do you have bunion pain? Our Podiatrists & Foot Doctors can help with bunion treatment and minimally invasive Bunion Surgery in Michigan!
- If you have bunion pain we can provide the BEST bunion treatment.
- We can offer non surgery options which can relieve pain and help.
- We can also provide minimally invasive bunion surgery!
Table of Contents
Best Bunion Relief Infographic:
Bunion Pictures & Photo Gallery:
- The associated photos are pictures of bunions.
- A big toe joint bunion is a prominence of the first metatarsal phalangeal joint.
- A tailor’s bunion is the prominence of the fifth metatarsal phalangeal joint.
- There are multiple stages of bunions ranging from minimal dislocation to severe dislocation to severe dislocation with arthritis.
- It is important to note that the sesamoid bones dislocate from the big toe joint and that the bunion itself is more of a dislocation injury than an arthritic injury.
- Although we frequently see bunions that also have arthritis, and is much more likely.
- We do perform minimally invasive bunion surgery at our clinic to limit the length of recovery time needed.
Please click on the gallery to read the description! Feel free to share pictures.
What a Podiatrist Can Do For YOU!
Prime Foot & Ankle Specialists Clawson Michigan
Prime Foot & Ankle Specialists Grand Blanc & Flint Michigan
Prime Foot & Ankle Specialists Bloomfield & Pontiac Michigan
Prime Foot & Ankle Specialists Lansing Michigan
Prime Foot & Ankle Specialists Oakland County
11 Reasons To Choose US!
- 🥇 We work hard for YOUR Satisfaction. (If you’re not 100% satisfied with your appointment, we WILL do everything we can to FIX IT for you.) Terms & Conditions.
- 🦶The BEST Podiatrists: Board Certified in Foot Surgery & Board Certified in Podiatric Medicine for all of your foot & ankle needs!
- 💻Telehealth appointment from the comfort of your own home!
- 🚗 You Can Park 100% for Free Right Outside The Door.
- 📲 You Can Book Online 24/7 Right From Your Phone.
- 🌙 You Can Get A Late Appointment Or Seen Outside of Regular Hours……No Need To Take Time Off Work.
- 🏠 If you cannot come to see us due to health issues or immobility… We can come to see YOU!
- 💉 The BEST Tools: In-office X-ray, In-office fluoroscopy, In-office ultrasound, injections, skin treatment, and in-office surgical suite. We are trained to use the NEWEST equipment.
- 📞 You Can Take Up Our Offer for a Phone or Telehealth Consult With Our Podiatry Team before you arrive if you are unsure if we can help you.
- 🏥 A professional cutting edge surgical suite staffed by residency trained Board Certified Foot & Ankle Surgeons: Minimally Invasive Surgery!
- 👣You Get Treated By Podiatrists Who Specialize In the Foot & Ankle, So They KNOW What’s Needed To Get You Back On Your Feet.
Free BOOK to solve foot pain:
STOP wasting TIME & MONEY on your foot & ankle pain!
“11 SIMPLE Ways to STOP Foot PAIN. “
Learn 11 simple step-by-step tips to get rid of foot & ankle pain… even if you’ve suffered for months or years and your doctor told you nothing could be done to help!
Frustrated With Your Foot Pain? Let Us Help!
Not sure what to do?
Not sure who to ask?
- If you live in Michigan, we can HELP!
Fill in the form, and one of our highly qualified team will be in touch to discuss your specific problem.
What a Podiatrist Can Do For YOU!
List of services podiatrists provide:
- Toenail Fungus Treatment (Oral or Laser ).
- Toenail Trimming.
- Orthotics Fitting.
- Ingrown Toenails.
- Infected Ingrown Toenails.
- Podiatrist pedicure or medical pedicure.
- Trimming of Corns, Trimming of Calluses, and Treatment of Pressure Blisters.
- Diabetic Foot Care & Diabetic Foot Wounds.
- Athletes Foot, Dry Skin, Eczema.
- Foot & Ankle Ulcer Care.
- Infection and Abscess Care.
- Staph Infections in the Toe or Foot Treatment.
- Treatment of Plantar Warts for Your Toes and Feet.
- Foot & Ankle Injections (Steroid or Natural Solutions.)
- Management of Foot & Ankle Fractures (Walking Boots for broken toes or broken feet).
- Heel Pain (Heel Spur or Plantar Fasciitis).
- Custom Orthotics for children and adults (In the office).
- Over the Counter Orthotics for children and adults.
- Podiatrist medical pedicure.
- Extra-Depth Shoes for Patients with Diabetes.
- Diabetic Shoes.
- Gout Treatment.
- Prescription (Refills).
- Telehealth appointments.
- Shockwave therapy (AKA ESWT or EPAT therapy)
- Cold laser therapy (In the office).
- MLS laser therapy (Multi-Wave Locked System laser therapy).
- Laser for peripheral neuropathy (In-Office).
- Senior Toenail Cutting & Toenail Trimming Services.
Procedures our podiatrists provide:
We can perform toenail, toe, foot, heel & ankle surgery in the office!
We can help with:
- Minimally invasive foot surgery.
- Minimally invasive bunion surgery.
- Minimally invasive hammertoe surgery.
- Corn and callus removal surgery.
- Plantar wart removal surgery.
- In-office permanent ingrown toenail removal surgery.
- Removal of unwanted spurs, bumps, or lumps on your feet.
- Shockwave therapy (AKA ESWT therapy or EPAT therapy)
- Cold laser therapy.
- MLS laser therapy (Multi-Wave Locked System laser therapy).
- Laser for peripheral neuropathy.
- 3D custom orthotic scan.
Frequently Asked Podiatrist Questions?
Q: What is a podiatrist?
A: Podiatrists are Doctors of Podiatric Medicine, DPM. Podiatrists are podiatric physicians, foot doctors, or podiatric surgeons. Podiatrists often diagnose and treat the foot, ankle, and other related structures of the leg.
Podiatrists receive similar training that other doctors complete. They complete four years of training in a podiatric medical school and three years of hospital residency training.
The podiatrists at Prime Foot & Ankle Specialists have received extra training, such as fellowships beyond residency and board certifications by the board of foot and ankle surgery and the board of podiatric medicine.
Q: Do podiatrists accept insurance?
Yes, podiatrists do, except for insurance. We set most major insurance plans as podiatrists and foot doctors. This includes Medicare, Medicare plus blue, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Health, and Aetna health. Humana, Blue Care Network, Oscar Health, Molina, Meridian, Health Alliance Plan of Michigan (HAP), Health Share Plans, Christian Health Share Plans, Worker’s Compensation Plans, and Cigna Healthcare.
Q: Is podiatrist toenail trimming covered by insurance?
Yes, this service may be covered for people with help issues that cannot help themselves. If your foot is in pain or has a health issue, a podiatrist is recommended to evaluate you, and this is a covered option.
If you have foot pain, please call our office and schedule a no-obligation consultation with our podiatrists to assess your eligibility for foot care.
Q: Does insurance cover podiatrist ingrown toenail removals?
Yes, ingrown toenails are covered by insurance. Let us help! Don’t wait to come in if you have a toe or foot infection.
Q: What parts of the body do podiatrists treat?
A: Podiatrists in Michigan are licensed to treat the foot, ankle, and lower leg below the knee.
At Prime Foot & Ankle Specialists, we specialize in toenail problems, toe problems, foot problems, heel problems, ankle problems, minimally invasive surgery, advanced diagnostic techniques, and advanced treatment options. We pride ourselves on being your choice for all foot and ankle problems!
Q: When should I call a podiatrist for an appointment?
A: Pain is never normal, especially if it lasts longer than a week. This means that most insurance plans will cover a visit if you feel you have a problem developing with your feet.
The longer you wait, the more serious the pain may become, leading to hospitalization or further foot problems.
It would help to have it evaluated and treated to avoid long-term problems.
Q: Can podiatrists perform corn removal and callus removal?
A: Corns and calluses are thick, hardened layers of skin. Development of corn and callouses occur when your skin tries to protect itself against friction and pressure.
If corns and calluses are causing you discomfort, you should seek treatment. The most common areas of development are on your feet and toes. We provide treatment for these somewhat unsightly painful conditions. Don’t hesitate to contact us today.
Q: Does insurance cover the podiatrist treatment of corns and calluses:
If you feel you have a foot problem that you cannot care about on your own, evaluation and diagnosis are covered. We provide a no-obligation consultation to inform you if this is the case. In general, foot pain and a painful lesion on the foot covered the visit.
Q: What is a hammertoe?
A: A Hammertoe is a contracture (bending) of one or both joints of the second, third, fourth, or fifth toes.
We provide advanced imaging such as ultrasound and digital X-rays to diagnose immediately in the office.
This abnormal bending can pressure the toe when wearing shoes, causing painful problems.
Conservative and surgical treatment options are available for the treatment of Hammertoes.
Q: What causes heel pain?
A: Typically, heel pain is not caused by one single incident or injury, and the most common cause is plantar fasciitis, which can lead to long-term pain that may one day require surgical treatment if not corrected.
Repetitive stress/pounding of the heel can cause heel pain.
Other common causes can include inflammation of the plantar fascia, inflammation of the back of the heel, inflammation of the heel pad, progressive degeneration of the Achilles tendon, or a stress fracture caused by repetitive stress to the heel.
Q: What are orthotics or insoles?
A: Orthotics or insoles are custom foot supports that replace the over-the-counter supports that come in shoes you buy off the shelf at the store. These are designed to hug your foot more efficiently than over-the-counter products to significantly aid in balancing the biomechanical inadequacies of your feet and legs.
Q: How can you tell if you have an infected ingrown toenail?
A: You may have an infected ingrown toenail if there are any signs of redness, swelling, pain, and drainage, such as puss coming from the area.
- If you notice any of these symptoms, contact your podiatric Physician immediately.
- If you have toenail pain, this may also be a sign. It is never normal to have toenail pain.
- If you have toenail redness or swelling, this is never normal.
Q: What is plantar fasciitis that causes heel pain?
A: The plantar fascia is the thick connective tissue on the bottom of the foot.
- This tissue connects the heel bone to the toes and is responsible for creating the arch in your foot.
- Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the plantar fascia.
Q: Does Medicare pay for diabetic shoes and custom orthotics?
A: Medicare will cover diabetic shoes and inserts for some patients.
- Patients must meet and have specific qualifying conditions verified by the Physician managing their diabetes.
- If you have diabetes, you should have an annual foot evaluation performed by a foot doctor or podiatrist to determine your eligibility for this benefit through Medicare and other insurance carriers.