Big Toe Joint, Hammer Toe & Bunionette Problems:
Minimally Invasive Hammer Toe Surgery [Foot & Ankle Surgeon Review]
See the PROs & CONs of minimally invasive hammertoe surgery compared to other common types of bunion surgery.
- In the right patient, minimally invasive hammertoe surgery can save $, time and have less pain.
- Minimally invasive hammertoe surgery can prevent scar formation and even allow for faster healing.
- We believe in getting our patients better as FAST as possible and with as little STRESS as possible!
Pros & Cons of Minimally Invasive Bunion Surgery:
The following is a list of the pros & cons of minimally invasive bunion surgery.
PROS of Minimally Invasive Hammer Toe Surgery:
The benefits of minimally invasive hammertoe surgery include:
- Less injury means less trauma. This means faster recovery!
- Quicker recovery due to minimal incisions.
- Less $
- Less risk of infection.
- Minimal blood loss.
- Decreased post-procedure pain means less discomfort.
- Decreased surgery time.
- Procedures are performed under local anesthesia.
- No general anesthesia. Only the treated area is locally anesthetized.
- Quicker return to work and normal activities.
- Less Scarring: Scars can barely be seen. These may range anywhere between 1-3 mm in length.
- Procedures are performed in our state-of-the-art, In-office surgical suite instead of the conventional outpatient or hospital setting.
CONS of Minimally Invasive Hammer Toe Surgery:
- The downside of minimally invasive surgery is that severe deformities may need a larger procedure.
- Extensive arthritis may need plates or screws; this might mean an open approach may be more necessary.
- Minimally invasive surgery allows quicker healing and the best cosmetics, but the amount of correction is not as great.
- A podiatrist should decide with their patient whether or not minimally invasive surgery is the right option for them.
Foot and ankle problems that can be treated with Minimally Invasive Foot and Ankle Surgery:
- Painful or aesthetically unpleasing bunion deformities.
- Minimally invasive bunion surgery.
- Painful or aesthetically unpleasing hammertoe deformities.
- Minimally invasive hammertoe surgery.
Corns & Calluses:
- Painful or aesthetically unpleasing corns or calluses (anywhere in the foot)
- Minimally invasive corn or callus surgery.
Foot Bone Spurs:
- Painful bone spurs.
- Excision of painful bone spurs.
Ball of the Foot Pain:
- Metatarsal pain or metatarsalgia (pain along with the ball of the foot)
- Hammertoe or metatarsal procedures to correct this deformity.
- Heel Pain or plantar fasciitis.
- Tendon or bone spur augmentation procedures.
- Achilles Tendon Pain.
- Haglund bump or spur debridement procedures.
- Ankle Arthritis.
- Bone spur debridement or ankle arthroscopy.
Big toe joint arthritis:
- Big Toe Arthritis (hallux limitus).
- Minimally invasive bone spur shaving of the big toe joint.
- Some aspects of flat feet.
- Bunion or tailor’s bunionette minimally invasive surgery.
Wound care or Diabetic Ulcers:
- Ulcer Prevention.
- Shaving of foot deformity or bone spurs.
Minimally invasive foot surgery is now accepted as a medical standard, with numerous high-level publications supporting its usage. More and more physicians believe that it is the choice for treatment whenever possible. The scientific literature supports this.
Minimally Invasive Hammer Toe Surgery Locations:
Areas we service:
The podiatrists & foot doctors of Prime Foot & Ankle Specialists are available for in office visits, home care and telehealth for the following locations:
- Berkley Michigan
- Oakland County Michigan
- Royal Oak Michigan
- Oak Park Michigan
- Huntington Woods Michigan
- Clawson Michigan
- Ferndale Michigan
- Birmingham Michigan
- Madison Heights Michigan
- Franklin Michigan
- Hazel Park Michigan
- Southfield Michigan
- Troy Michigan
- Bloomfield Hills Michigan
- Lathrup Village Michigan
- Novi Michigan Area
- Bloomfield Michigan Area
- West Bloomfield Michigan Area
- South Lyon Michigan Area
- Northville Michigan Area
- But anyone in the state of Michigan.
Contact us if you need to be seen in Michigan or Oakland County Michigan!
Hammer Toe Photo Gallery:
What a Podiatrist Can Do For YOU!
11 Reasons To Choose US!
- 🥇 We work hard for YOUR Satisfaction. (If you’re not 100% satisfied with your appointment, we WILL do everything we can to FIX IT for you.) Terms & Conditions.
- 🦶The BEST Podiatrists: Board Certified in Foot Surgery & Board Certified in Podiatric Medicine for all of your foot & ankle needs!
- 💻Telehealth appointment from the comfort of your own home!
- 🚗 You Can Park 100% for Free Right Outside The Door.
- 📲 You Can Book Online 24/7 Right From Your Phone.
- 🌙 You Can Get A Late Appointment Or Seen Outside of Regular Hours……No Need To Take Time Off Work.
- 🏠 If you cannot come to see us due to health issues or immobility… We can come to see YOU!
- 💉 The BEST Tools: In-office X-ray, In-office fluoroscopy, In-office ultrasound, injections, skin treatment, and in-office surgical suite. We are trained to use the NEWEST equipment.
- 📞 You Can Take Up Our Offer for a Phone or Telehealth Consult With Our Podiatry Team before you arrive if you are unsure if we can help you.
- 🏥 A professional cutting edge surgical suite staffed by residency trained Board Certified Foot & Ankle Surgeons: Minimally Invasive Surgery!
- 👣You Get Treated By Podiatrists Who Specialize In the Foot & Ankle, So They KNOW What’s Needed To Get You Back On Your Feet.
Free BOOK to solve foot pain:
STOP wasting TIME & MONEY on your foot & ankle pain!
“11 SIMPLE Ways to STOP Foot PAIN. “
Learn 11 simple step-by-step tips to get rid of foot & ankle pain… even if you’ve suffered for months or years and your doctor told you nothing could be done to help!
Frustrated With Your Foot Pain? Let Us Help!
Not sure what to do?
Not sure who to ask?
- If you live in Michigan, we can HELP!
Fill in the form, and one of our highly qualified team will be in touch to discuss your specific problem.
What a Podiatrist Can Do For YOU!