Hard Skin On Feet Removal
Hard Skin On Feet Removal: The first step is to soften up the skin on your feet! This is done through moisturizing and foot soaks.
What Causes Dry Hard Skin On Feet?
- Hard skin on the feet almost always develops due to increased pressure.
- Just like a callused hand forms on a finger, it can be on your feet.
- The more pressure and friction your feet experience, the harder the skin will get.
- Hard skin can also occur due to dry feet.
- People who sweat a lot in their shoes get dry skin. This is because they lose water!
Hard Skin On Soles Of Feet:
The most common areas for dry hard skin are:
- The ball of the foot.
- The heel.
- The big toe.
- The 5th toe.
- The tops of the small toes if you have hammertoes.
How To Soften Hard Skin On Feet:
- The key to softening the dry skin on your feet is to moisturize!
- But water is not the answer.
- Water actually dehydrates your skin.
- You must use oils and moisturizers!
- You can also soak your feet in a foot bath with Epsom salts.
- The Epsom salts help “fluff up” the hard skin.
- Just make sure to apply moisturizer later!
Best Way To Soften The Hard Foot Skin:
- Use moisturizing lotions:
- Petroleum jelly is a great one.
- It is very cheap!
- This is the active ingredient found in vaseline.
- Any moisturizing agent will do well, though.
How To Get Rid Of Hard Skin On Your Feet:
- Once you soften up the hard skin on your feet with moisturizers.
- Use a pumice stone or an emery board to get rid of the hard skin.
- Don’t grind all the way down to pain!
- You can keep doing this over a couple of days, weeks, or even months.
Podiatrist To Get Rid Of Hard Skin On Feet:
- If this still is not working, visit your podiatrist.
- It is possible to have medical conditions like psoriasis.
- Psoriasis is a genetic condition that will cause heavy skin formation.
- There are heavy-duty prescription creams that can do the job!