Foot & Ankle Injury Treatment
Why Use A Lace Up Ankle Brace? [Running or Sprained Ankle Brace]
Why use a lace-up ankle brace? We like ankle support braces as a running ankle brace, like a sprained ankle brace & for other ankle injuries!
Table of Contents
The Best Shoes to Wear with the lace-up ankle brace:
- Low-top sneakers that have a traditional tongue and laces where you can loosen the laces enough to fit the brace in the shoe.
- Good running shoe brands such as Hoka, Asics, Nike, Adidas, On, Saucony, New Balance, and other good brands.
- Sneakers that have a sleeve or collar design that limit the opening of the shoe.
- A slipper with good support may work, but this is not the intended design for these braces, and it can fall off.
- Due to their limiting and tight design, inserting any ankle braces in these shoes is very difficult.
- People are generally not happy combining a brace with these types of shoes.
- Tall boots or sandals.
- Tight of constrictive high-top shoes.
Slow braces to put on:
- The tough part about lace-up ankle braces is that you have to lace them up!
- They are more flexible and can fit well into a shoe but take a few minutes to put on.
Conditions for ankle braces:
Conditions that would benefit from ankle braces include:
- Ankle braces for a sprained ankle.
- Ankle braces for a high ankle sprain.
Best Ankle Braces:
Ankle stability ankle braces:
- These are our favorite ankle stability lace-up braces.
- These are not meant for routine athletic wearing, as they can make your ankle too stiff.
- These are the most beneficial when recovering from a recent ankle sprain or injury.
- The goal is to wear this and protect your foot until you are ready to move ahead from your injury.
- If you have a chronic ankle sprain or injury, a different brace can be more beneficial.
Ankle compression ankle braces:
- These are braces that are a little bit easier to put on.
- This means that you can wear these braces and still play sports, and get through your workday without significant stiffness.
- These do not offer the same protection or stability that a lace-up ankle brace or stronger may provide.
Rigid ankle-foot orthotic [AFO Brace]:
- These are great options for ankle-foot orthoses.
- If you have insurance coverage for a custom rigid AFO brace, that might be the best bet.
- If you live in Michigan and can come to visit us to get fitted for a brace!