Foot & Ankle Injury Treatment
Walking Boot for Broken Foot [Best Boot for Broken Toe or Broken Foot]Do you have a broken toe or a broken foot? We go over the BEST tips for a walking boot for a broken foot or a broken toe!
Table of Contents
Walking Cast Boot for Broken Foot Video:
This video goes over walking cast boot tips for a broken foot.
Walking boot for a broken toe or broken foot overview:
This video goes over how to use a walking boot for a broken toe or a walking boot for a broken foot.
Foot cast vs boot for broken foot video:
This video goes over whether a cast or boot is better for a broken foot or a broken toe.
- We prefer a fiberglass cast or plaster cast for a more severe unstable toe fracture or foot fracture.
- If this is a closed and stable broken toe or a broken foot, then we prefer a walking boot.
Cast or boot for a broken toe or broken foot overview:
What’s the difference between a boot or cast? Air Casts are also called CAM walking boots, Aircasts and Air Walkers.
- Some people wear these rather than a cast, which one is better?
- Studies show that a walking boot is becoming more popular, but it depends whether you have a broken ankle, sprained ankle, ankle fracture or even a broken foot.
- Studies show that a walking boot is a great option for smaller injuries like a sprained ankle and some smaller ankle fractures.
- A cast is better for high risk open fractures and dislocated fractures.
- If you have ankle surgery or foot surgery, then a cast may be the better option especially in the short term for your surgery until the incision site heals.
Best Walking Boots for Broken Toes or a Broken Foot:
These are our favorite walking boots for broken toes and broken feet.
We also include our favorite walking boot accessories.
Best Scooters for Broken Toes or a Broken Foot:
These are our favorite scooters for a broken toe or broken foot.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Walking boot vs. orthopedic boot for broken foot?
- An orthopedic boot is just another name for a walking boot.
- Both are good choices for broken foot.
- Always check with your podiatrist ir foot and ankle specialist to see if a cast or foot surgery may be more appropriate ahead of time for severely injured fractures.
- Other names for a walking boot beyond an orthopedic boot are an Aircast boot, and moon boot or a Cam boot.
Can you drive in a walking boot?
- The law is a very vague on using a walking boot for driving.
- There is no such thing as a driving boot for broken foot.
- Officially we would not recommend driving in a walking boot as this does restrict your ability to drive a car.
- There is no law stating how injured your foot is before you can drive. The law is clear that a restrictive device can cause you to get into legal trouble.
- Always consult with your podiatrist or legal help to see if you are able to drive with a walking boot for broken foot, but we do not recommend it.
How much are boots for a broken foot?
- A walking boot or Cam boot is most cost effective ordering online. Above we did include some links of our favorite options.
- A good option is to get your boot fitted at your podiatrist office or a medical supply store, this is the safest option if it is covered.
- The problem is insurance plans can be very difficult and not covered boots as often as they once did.
- There is usually co-pays and the co-pay could be almost as much as it is online.
Is there a swimming boot for broken foot?
- There is no specific boot for swimming with a broken foot.
- It should be noted that a walking boot is for walking or weightbearing, it may not be necessary for floating in a pool.
- Be aware that vigorous swimming could also damage of the foot, just to be safe and ask your podiatrist for specifics.
Short air medical walking boot for a broken injured foot?
- We would recommend a tall walking boot over a short walking boot.
- The reason for this is the long extensor tendons and the long flexor tendons go from your leg to the tips of your toes.
- If the ankle is bending this will bend the toes in flexion and extension and cause damage to an unstable fracture.
Moon boot for broken foot?
- And moon boot is just another name for an Aircast or a walking boot.
- A CAM boot is a generally accepted name for a walking boot without an air bladder.
A soft boot for broken foot?
- Is soft boot is known as an air cast or a walking boot.
How long do I need to wear a walking boot for a broken foot?
Studies show that a broken foot can require a cast boot or a medical walking boot for up to 4-6 weeks!
- This is on the high end of time for more significant fractures.
- Most toe fractures and foot fractures will not require this length of time.
- Always check with your podiatrist if worried about your foot injury!