Foot and Toe Wart Doctor: Podiatrists in Howell & Brighton Michigan
Do you have a foot or toe wart? Our foot doctors and podiatrists have you covered in Livingston county, Howell and Brighton Michigan!
- A wart is generally caused by a virus called the human papillomavirus (HPV).
- Warts can be very difficult to treat and can be very contagious.
- There are 4 common types of HPV viruses that can lead to warts.
- First a break needs to occur in your skin, then the infection can take place.
- A plantar wart is a wart that can happen at the bottom of the foot or on your toes.
Risk factors include:
- Showering in a common area.
- History of prior warts.
- Poor immune function.
- Diagnosis is usually done based on symptoms.
Who is most likely to get a wart?
Warts are most common in:
- Young adults.
- The elderly.
- The color is usually the same as the rest of your skin.
- There are usually black dots that can occur on the surface of the wart.
- One or many can occur in a region of your foot.
- They can cause pressure that can then lead to pain.
Treatment of warts at home can be time consuming and expensive.
These options may include:
- Saliculic acid.
- Surgical removal.
- Generally a podiatrist or foot doctor can trim the skin overlying the wart.
- This can allow treatment to take place at a much higher rate of succcess.