Toenail Pain [Toenail Fungus, Ingrown Toenails, Discolored Toenails]
Black Toenail Treatment: [Causes, Symptoms & Remedy!]
Make 100% sure you are getting the proper diagnosis before you start your black toenail treatment! There are 4 major causes with different treatments!
- Red & black toenail pain can be improved with a few simple treatment changes.
- We are foot doctors & we see this problem get better almost every day.
- The goal is to solve this problem without medication or surgery if at all possible.
So, let’s GO!
Why is my toenail turning black causes?
Red or Black Toenail Picture & Photo Gallery:
- A red toenail generally means fresh blood or a fresh injury.
- This can be called a toenail hematoma or fresh blood from repetitive irritation.
- A black toenail is generally more dried blood that has crested underneath the toenail.
- Very infrequently, can a black toenail be something more dangerous like melanoma?
- It is also possible for your toenail to the infected with toenail fungus. This can also then result in rubbing and bleeding after the toenail fungus.
- If there is toenail fungus, this is usually more of a brown or yellow color.
- A toenail falling off is a widespread problem as well.
Please click on the photo gallery for descriptions & full-size photos!
Please click on the photo gallery for descriptions & full size photos!
Black Toenail Overview:
- If it is a thick black line, it may be dangerous. This can be a melanoma!
- But if it is a black spot under the nail, then it is most likely blood.
- This is most commonly due to injury or improper shoes during exercise.
- But don’t worry, it’s rarely dangerous.
Why Is My Toenail Black?
- The #1 cause for your toenail turning black is a subungual hematoma.
- This is simply blood underneath the toenail.
- This can happen in either a severe injury or even just light, painless rubbing during walking.
- It can be scary if it just appears for no reason, but usually tight shoes or new shoes can be to blame!
- Treatment involved mainly just getting a good pair of new shoes.
- I’ll show you how to do that!
- If the toenail is loose, don’t worry. It will basically always grow back.
- But be warned, toenails grow back slow- up to 1 year sometimes!
Black Toenail Causes:
- The most common cause is an injury to the big toe.
- The second most common cause is a runner’s black toe.
- A runner’s black toe is due to constant rubbing in the shoe. This may even be painless!
- The third most common cause may be black toenail fungus.
- This may be a misconception. Toenail fungus is almost always thick yellow toenails.
- The fourth most common cause is the most dangerous; A mole that may be suspicious.
- If you have a black mark or black line that has been there for months or years, make sure to analyze it!
- This could be black toenail melanoma.
Big Toenail Turning Black Symptoms:
- Black and blue toenail discoloration.
- Black toenail after running.
- The black line in toenail (consider black toenail melanoma).
- Black dot under the toenail.
- Pain after black toenail injury.
- Possible bleeding from under the black toenails.
Black Toenail Treatment:
The most common causes of a toenail turning black are injury, runners black toenail, black toenail fungus, and a black mark on toenail due to melanoma:
1) Black Toenail Injury:
- This is by far the most common cause of a black and blue toenail.
- This is usually obvious when it happens because something falls or stubs your toe!
Black Toenail Injury Treatment:
- There is nothing really do here except wait for the toenail to grow back.
- It can take up to 1 year to have it grow back!
2) Black Toenail Running:
- A black runner’s toe is possible in two ways: long distances and improper shoes!
- It is usually some combination of both that leads to this type of toenail.
- Also, consider this if you have black toenails on both feet.
Black Toenail Running Treatment:
- Use a Brannock device to measure your shoes.
- Make sure there is enough room at the big toe and the pinky toe.
- These two spots are the most important!
3) Black Toenail Fungus Treatment:
- Toenail fungus is usually yellow, thick, and crumbly.
- But if you have thick black toenails, it may be a combination of both.
Black Toenail Fungus Treatment:
- There are many home remedies available for the treatment of black toenail fungus.
4) Black Line In Toenail:
- A black line in the toenail may be a melanoma, a type of skin cancer.
- But don’t worry, this is very rare.
- Most lines are not dangerous.
BlackLine In Toenails Treatment:
Some things to consider:
- The thickness of the black line.
- Any extension from the toenail into the skin?
- Any toenail deformity?
- Any bleeding or non-uniform changes?
Best Toenail Fungus Products:
- These are our favorite products to treat toenail fungus at home.
- Keratin Granulations are very easily taken care of through moisturizing your nails with cuticle wax, oils and simply avoiding nail polish for a little while.
- It is not necessary to buy anything expensive or online; it is fine to simply use a product like Vaseline or any other petroleum oil in most circumstances.
- So get yourself some petroleum jelly at your corner store and apply it to your nails at night when you won’t be using your hands. In 2 weeks, you should be in great shape!
- Make sure you read the reviews and see if it is good for you!
How to fix toenail fungus:
- There are many different types of toenail damage.
- In our experience, about 90% or more is related to toenail fungus.
- The key to toenail fungus is to trim it as much as possible and file that nailed down.
- These products are not meant to replace prescription drugs or medical treatment equipment.
- If you can do that, you have to make sure you can kill fungus the rest of the way.
- The best way to do that is to soak exfoliate the affected toenail skin. So, consider foot soaks.
- At the same time, you have to apply antifungal medication such as these medications recommended here or the toenail repair pens.
Best Toenail Fungus Clippers & Files:
- These are some great value heavy-duty clippers and sets. This is something you have to be careful using at home, and deftly don’t use these if you have dangerous health conditions.
- The key is to cut straight across and file the nail down from the top to prevent impinging in the corners.
- It is also important to make sure all dead, dry skin is removed surrounding the foot.
- This is where you should really see your podiatrist if you have any concerns or are worried about cutting or hurting yourself.
- This is something covered, so don’t take chances with your health!
Best Antifungal Moisture Wicking Socks:
- These are some great options for moisture-wicking socks.
- We tried to focus on budget value stocks that are not too expensive.
- Sure there are better stocks out there, but these are great socks for a great price for most people.
- If you have diabetes, focus on getting yourself some diabetic socks.
Best woman’s antifungal socks:
Best men’s antifungal socks:
Table could not be displayed.
Recommended foot fungus products:
- It is also essential to fix your foot fungus.
- Even if you cure your toenail fungus, keep your toenails trimmed in healthy: your foot fungus can spread back into toenails.
- It’s not a far journey from skin fungus to jump onto your toenails again.
- So make sure you treat your foot fungus, as well as your toenail fungus.
Get The Best Shoes:
- You definitely want to get great shoes and sandals for your toenail fungus and foot fungus.
- Specifically, when you are in a communal shower or pool, you want to get a good pair of sandals. We compiled a great list of our recommended orthotic flip-flops.
- You also want to get new breathable shoes that are not covered in sweat and mesh around the toes.
- Specifically, good pairs of running shoes have a mesh where your toes are. This prevents your toenails from rubbing and prevents them from dreaming on the front of the foot.
- Click on the below link to see which shoes we recommend for your toenail fungus and foot fungus.
Toenail Pain [Toenail Fungus, Ingrown Toenails, Discolored Toenails]