Children’s Pediatric Podiatrist Care [Pediatric Foot Doctor]
Do you need a Pediatric Podiatrist or a Children’s Podiatrist? We can help provide the BEST foot & Ankle Care!
- We can help with skin conditions like warts, rashes, and calluses.
- We can help with bunions, flat feet, and ankle pain.
- We can perform a gait analysis for growing pain!
- We can help with shoes and custom orthotics.
So don’t wait. See a board-certified podiatrist TODAY!
Pediatric Podiatrist Treatment:
Our friendly and caring podiatric physicians are just the people to treat your child’s conditions. Read below for more!’
Common Children’s Podiatrist Foot Problems:
- Pediatric podiatrists refer to pediatric foot problems as podopediatrics.
- Foot problems in your child may appear at birth, shortly thereafter, or once your child is walking.
- Walking abnormally is often the first sign that something is wrong with your child’s foot or their feet.
- Adolescents and teenage children may develop foot or ankle problems, and these should not be ignored.
- It is important to watch for any foot deformities, limp in your adolescent or teenage child, and see our podiatrists or an expert in pediatric podiatry if you notice any foot issues.
- To see our well-trained pediatric podiatrists today!
Pediatric Heel Pain:
Heel pain in a child is a common problem. One of the first signs you may notice is your child limping.
- Pediatric heel pain differs from adult heel pain in that the child’s foot is still growing, and as a result, more flexible.
- Your child’s heel pain may be due to an abnormality of the heel bone’s growth area. In these cases, the growth area of the heel bone becomes inflamed, and pain worsens when your child tries to walk or participate in sports. Other heel pain causes include a fracture, bone tumor, bursitis, or infection.
- If you notice your child limping or complaining of heel or arch pain, you should have the child’s evaluated by one of our podiatrists as soon as possible.
In-toeing or Out-toeing in Children:
- In-toeing is often referred to as walking pigeon-toed. Instead of the foot pointed straight ahead, the foot turns inward.
- Sometimes in-toeing occurs with only one foot, or it may affect both feet.
- The child may limp, stumble, or even trip and fall when running or walking. In-toeing may be due to a structural issue with the foot itself or related to the leg or hips.
- Out-toeing is the reverse of in-toeing, where the child’s foot points outward when they are walking. Again, this problem can affect one or both feet, and it can cause the child to stumble or even fall when running or walking. Both in-toeing and out-toeing are considered structural problems, and when these problems are caught early, they are easy to correct.
- Most parents can spot in-toeing or out-toeing in their child, usually shortly after they begin to walk. If you suspect in-toeing or out-toeing, you should bring your child in to evaluate with one of our podiatrists.
Toe-Walking in Children:
- Some toddlers or even older children may walk more on their toes or the front of their foot rather than putting their heels down on the ground. The child who toe-walks may appear to “bounce” as they walk.
- This problem may be due to bone abnormality in the child’s foot or a neurologic issue, though more often is due to the tendon at the back of the leg, called the Achilles tendon, being too short.
- Most of the time, a tight Achilles tendon can be treated conservatively, though in severe cases, our podiatrists may do a small procedure to help lengthen the tendon.
Bunions in Children:
- Some people mistakenly believe bunions is an “old person’s” problem. The truth is many children develop bunions. Often a child develops a bunion secondary to another, more significant, deformity of the foot.
Most of the time, bunions in children can be treated without any surgery.
- Parents need to bring in their child as soon as they see a bunion beginning to form. In some cases, surgery may be necessary. Our podiatrists may do a small out-patient surgery to correct the child’s bunion (to learn more about our approach to bunion surgery, click here).
Flatfeet in Children:
- Flatfeet is called pes planus, and it is a common foot problem our podiatrists treat. In basic terms, a flatfoot is a foot that has a shallow arch or no height to the arch. A child with a flatfoot may or may not have pain.
Flatfeet is related to developing all kinds of foot, ankle, and leg pain and problems. Your child may have difficulty walking or may complain of “tired” feet.
Fortunately, treating flatfeet is easy. Often we make simple arch support that molds to your child’s foot called an orthotic. Orthotics are custom-made to your child’s foot and slip in your child’s shoes. Generally, the younger your child is when they begin wearing orthotics, the better.
Ingrown Toenails in Children:
- Ingrown toenails are common in people of all ages, and children are no exception.
- An ingrown toenail can be painful and cause your child (or you!) to limp or avoid wearing their shoes. Our podiatrists treat ingrown toenails just about every day. In fact, a painful ingrown toenail is one of the most common problems our podiatrists treat.
- Alleviating an ingrown toenail is easy and fast when it is addressed promptly. You mustn’t ignore your child’s ingrown toenails as they can become infected and lead to other complications.
- Plantar warts show up on the bottom of a child’s (or adult’s) foot, though warts can occur anywhere on foot.
- Warts are due to a virus, and they tend to affect children’s feet more than adults. Plantar warts are easy to catch, and they can spread rapidly—they are highly contagious. Worse, plantar warts can be irritating or even painful.
- Parents who notice a plantar wart on their child’s foot should see our podiatrists immediately before the wart spreads.
- Most of the treatments for plantar warts are easy and painless. Our podiatrists may use a laser to destroy the wart or other methods in more advanced or resistant cases.
Low-Cost, Affordable Cash Price and Payment Plans for Childrens’ Foot Troubles:
- If you do not have insurance or are underinsured, have a high deductible, and wish to pay cash, we will work with you!
- We understand that not everyone has insurance, and we offer an affordable, reduced fee, low-cost cash price (and payment plans) for your child’s foot problem.
- Whether your child needs custom-made orthotics, ingrown toenail surgery, wart surgery, or other pediatric foot problem, we will work with you to get your child well at an affordable cash price (and affordable, low-cost payment plan).
What a Podiatrist Can Do For YOU!
11 Reasons To Choose US!
- 🥇 We work hard for YOUR Satisfaction. (If you’re not 100% satisfied with your appointment, we WILL do everything we can to FIX IT for you.) Terms & Conditions.
- 🦶The BEST Podiatrists: Board Certified in Foot Surgery & Board Certified in Podiatric Medicine for all of your foot & ankle needs!
- 💻Telehealth appointment from the comfort of your own home!
- 🚗 You Can Park 100% for Free Right Outside The Door.
- 📲 You Can Book Online 24/7 Right From Your Phone.
- 🌙 You Can Get A Late Appointment Or Seen Outside of Regular Hours……No Need To Take Time Off Work.
- 🏠 If you cannot come to see us due to health issues or immobility… We can come to see YOU!
- 💉 The BEST Tools: In-office X-ray, In-office fluoroscopy, In-office ultrasound, injections, skin treatment, and in-office surgical suite. We are trained to use the NEWEST equipment.
- 📞 You Can Take Up Our Offer for a Phone or Telehealth Consult With Our Podiatry Team before you arrive if you are unsure if we can help you.
- 🏥 A professional cutting edge surgical suite staffed by residency trained Board Certified Foot & Ankle Surgeons: Minimally Invasive Surgery!
- 👣You Get Treated By Podiatrists Who Specialize In the Foot & Ankle, So They KNOW What’s Needed To Get You Back On Your Feet.
Free BOOK to solve foot pain:
STOP wasting TIME & MONEY on your foot & ankle pain!
“11 SIMPLE Ways to STOP Foot PAIN. “
Learn 11 simple step-by-step tips to get rid of foot & ankle pain… even if you’ve suffered for months or years and your doctor told you nothing could be done to help!
Frustrated With Your Foot Pain? Let Us Help!
Not sure what to do?
Not sure who to ask?
- If you live in Michigan, we can HELP!
Fill in the form, and one of our highly qualified team will be in touch to discuss your specific problem.
What a Podiatrist Can Do For YOU!
Pediatric Podiatrist Locations:
Areas we service:
The podiatrists & foot doctors of Prime Foot & Ankle Specialists are available for in office visits, home care and telehealth for the following locations:
- Berkley Michigan
- Oakland County Michigan
- Royal Oak Michigan
- Oak Park Michigan
- Huntington Woods Michigan
- Clawson Michigan
- Ferndale Michigan
- Birmingham Michigan
- Madison Heights Michigan
- Franklin Michigan
- Hazel Park Michigan
- Southfield Michigan
- Troy Michigan
- Bloomfield Hills Michigan
- Lathrup Village Michigan
- Novi Michigan Area
- Bloomfield Michigan Area
- West Bloomfield Michigan Area
- South Lyon Michigan Area
- Northville Michigan Area
- But anyone in the state of Michigan.
Contact us if you need to be seen in Michigan or Oakland County Michigan!