Dexter Foot and Ankle Podiatry
We are you 100% best choice for a podiatrist or foot doctor. We have served Dexter Michigan for over 20 years!
Dexter Foot and Ankle Podiatry:
- We have been serving Dexter Michigan for over 20+ years!
- Let us prove to you why we are your top choice for any foot and ankle care. We provide full-service care for all foot and ankle problems, whether includes getting your nails taken care of, all the way to having extensive trauma surgery within the hospital.
Podiatrist Dexter Michigan
Which hospital system do we associate with?
- We are not just a small mom-and-pop group of podiatrists! We provide the small town feel, but all our podiatrists are accredited and on staff at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital system.
- Feel confident that you have some of the best trained foot and ankle specialists in Michigan.
- All our podiatrists are extensively trained both in the office and in the hospital.
- They have completed four years of medical school, a lengthy in-hospital surgical residency. And have completed very rigorous board qualifications, and board certifications.
- Know that you are in excellent hands, that we will take excellent care of you!
St. Joseph Mercy Hospital and IHA podiatrists:
- We are the preferred podiatrists, and on staff at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital. We are also the preferred option and integrated health Associates.
- We are proud of our accomplishments, we have worked hard to prove ourselves as the most preferred, and the best reviewed option in the area!
- We are on staff at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Arbor, and St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Chelsea
The Podiatrists at Dexter Foot and Ankle:
- We have a wealth of experience at Dexter foot and ankle podiatry.
- All of our podiatrists and foot doctors are residency training, board qualified, and even achieving prestigious board certifications.
- All our podiatrists are accredited at the hospital, so if you have a problem inside the hospital or inner clinic, we will be there to take great care of you!
- Dr. John Stevelinck, DPM is a practicing podiatrist in our Howell, Brighton and Dexter locations.
- He has a wife and 3 children who currently reside with him in the Pinckney Michigan Area.
- Dr. Stevelinck graduated from Wayne State University and has grown up in the Michigan area.
- Dr. Stevelinck is a graduate of the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine in 1998. He was in the top 10% of his class upon graduating.
- Dr. Stevelinck received the Academic Merit Scholarship, Pi Delta, National Honor Society, and was also a member of the Kappa Tau Epsilon Academic Fraternity.
- Dr. Stevelinck completed a rigorous surgical residency at Kaiser Permanent Medical Center in San Francisco California specializing in Diabetic Limb Salvage.
- Dr. Stevelinck has been associated with the St. Mary Mercy and St. Joseph Mercy Residency Programs since 2013. Prior to that Dr. Stevelinck was associated with the Botsford Hospital and St. John Hospital Residency programs since 2000.
- Dr. Stevelinck is a Board Certified in foot surgery with the American Board of Podiatric Surgery.
- He is a fellow of the American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons.
- He is a fellow of the American Professional Wound Care Association.
- He is a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association and the Michigan Podiatric Medical Association.
- Dr. Stevelinck is currently associated with St. Joseph Mercy Livingston and St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor Hospitals. He is currently the chief of the podiatry department at St.Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Arbor.
- Dr. Tom Biernacki has been serving Livingston County and Washtenaw county since 2014. He was trained at the St. Joseph Mercy Health care system completing a rigorous surgical residency in foot and ankle surgery.
- Dr. Tom Biernacki was medical school valedictorian and completed prestigious surgical residency in both foot and ankle surgery at St. Joseph Hospital in Ann Arbor and Livonia. Following this surgical training,
- Dr. Biernacki he went on for further training at the University of Texas, and St. Joseph presence hospital for two mini fellowships following his surgical resident training. This training makes Dr. Biernacki an ideal choice for your foot and ankle surgical procedures.
- He lists his focus on treating conditions from a biomechanical standpoint preferring to avoid surgery whenever possible, but he does perform surgery on Monday afternoons in St. Joseph Brighton and Fridays in St. Joseph Livingston Howell.
- He enjoys performing both elective bunion, hammer toe, neuroma and plantar fasciitis surgeries. Dr. Biernacki is also available for inpatient surgery for diabetic wound care, infections and foot and ankle fractures.
- Dr. Biernacki is married to his wife Christina and resides in Livingston county and has two young daughters.
- Dr. Biernacki is a former college football player, and still enjoys the play ultimate Frisbee in Ann Arbor and Detroit.
- He takes a special interest in diabetic wound care, sports medicine as well as foot and ankle surgery within the hospital system including St. Joseph Ann Arbor.
- APMA membership.
- Dr. Bonanni graduated from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He graduated Magna Cum Laude from William Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in 1997 and has been in practice for over 19 years
- He has completed a prestiguous medical and surgical residency at Harvard Medical school associated Cambridge Hospital in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Dr. Bonanni specializes in diabetic foot care, biomechanical evaluation and sports medicine.
- He has 4 children with his beautiful wife and has resided in Livingston county and Howell for the majority of his life.
- Dr. Bonanni is known for his warm people skills and excellent medical knowledge.
Dexter Foot and Ankle Podiatry New Patient Visit:
What you will need for your visit:
- If you are new patient, please arrive early to her appointment. Generally people do need about 30 minutes for the visit.
You will require the following:
- Completed new patient forms, you can download them and fill them out on this page. Or you can show up 30 minutes early and fill them all at the office. We would be glad to print them out for you if you have any issues.
- Driver’s license or state ID.
- Referral: specifically, for blue care network (BCN), and certain other types of insurances depending on your plan.
- Insurance information.
- Copies of operation records, medical records, x-rays, MRIs, and CT scans that may be relevant to the treatment of your foot and ankle problem.
- An up-to-date list of current medications and any known allergies.
- We know that this is a lot to ask! But these are legally required, and they are necessary to provide a comprehensive health plan for you.
What Type of Insurances Does Dexter Foot and Ankle Podiatry Accept?
We accept most major forms of insurance:
- Alliance Health And Life
- BCN Advantage MyBlue
- BCN HMO and Mpremier
- Cigna POS/HMO/PPO
- HAP HMO/POS/Preferred/Senior/Medicaid
- Health Plus including Medicaid
- Medicare Plus Blue And Advantage PFFS
- Meridian Health Plan Of Michigan
- Motor Vehicle Accident Insurance
- Physicians Health Plan
- Priority Health HMO/EPO/PPO/Medicare
- Railroad Medicare
- United Healthcare including Community Plan
- Workers Compensation