Best Shoes & Best Insoles
Arthritis Foot Pain Relief [Toe & Foot Arthritis Treatment]
Arthritis Foot Pain Relief [Toe & Foot Arthritis Treatment] Learn the various techniques to start relieving your arthritis foot pain at home!
Table of Contents
Where Is Arthritis Foot Pain Relief Needed Most?
- The Ankle Joint.
- The Subtalar Joint.
- The Mid Foot.
- The Top Of The Foot.
- Arthritis In Ball Of Foot.
- The Big Toe.
What Is Arthritis?
- Arthritis is simply inflammation of the joint.
- It does not specify what type of arthritis you are dealing with, there are actually many different types of arthritis that can be present.
The 4 Most Common Arthritides in the foot:
This is the wear and tear arthritis seen in the >40-50+ generation. It is unlikely to experience it earlier. But that’s ok, if it is due to a traumatic injury (traumatic arthritis); the treatment will be the same.
This is a systemic arthritis that affects many joints in the hands and feet. If you have only one or two joints that are sore, this is not you.
This is the type of arthritis that lingers after a severe injury (broken bone). The mechanism of this arthritis is more similar to osteoarthritis, thus this treatment guide may be for you.
If you wake up one morning and your big toe joint is throbbing and killing with 10/10 pain, then this is you! It almost always attacks the big toe joint exclusively (the acute version anyway).
Arthritis Foot Pain Relief @ HOME:
There are 3 stages to arthritis foot pain relief:
1)Decrease The Inflammation:
This must be done for approximately 1-2 weeks until the pain decreases.
- Cryotherapy: Use ice on the painful joint for 15-20 minutes a couple times a day.
- NSAIDs: Use these non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (like Ibuprofen) to decrease the inflammation. Do this under the supervision of your physician.
- Steroid Injection: If the pain is not getting better, see your podiatrist if pain is very resistant.
- Over The Counter Orthotics: Get a rigid pair for approximately $25, this will greatly improve your foot stress! The best foot value you can possibly get!
2)Start Correcting The Cause:
Do this for a couple months and see if the joint pain is getting better.
- Weight loss: Less weight means less stress on the joints.
- Custom orthotics: These are a bit better than the over the counter orthotics ($25), but can be costly if not covered by insurance. But if you have insurance definitely get them, they are more durable and hold your foot better.
- Stretching: **This is the most important thing you can do**. Learn plantar fascia, calf & hamstring stretches. This is the most important thing you can do to improve your foot biomechanics.
3)See The Podiatrist:
Even after the pain is gone, it is not a permanent solution. Something made that pain appear in the first place and it is a good idea to get it checked out & find the root cause of it.
- Biomechanical Consult: Evaluate your entire bio-mechanical structure. See if you arthritis is caused by tight muscles, knees, hips or back?
- Surgical Consult: Only a small percentage of people ever end up needing this, usually in very advanced disease.
Good luck with your Arthritis Foot Pain Relief!
Best Shoes & Best Insoles