Brighton Michigan Podiatrist Office
Whether you seek care for yourself, your child or a parent, rest assured that you are in the right place. At advanced foot and ankle specialists of Michigan, our mission is to educate you about your condition and get you back on your feet as soon as possible!
We pride ourselves on excellent, warm and friendly podiatric care. Have confidence that you are with the best reviewed and the most respected podiatrists and foot doctors in Michigan. Furthermore, we have have the most advanced treatment options and evidence based techniques available.
We have three offices and four foot doctors in Lvingston county. We are committed to this area and solving all foot and ankle issues in Brighton, Howell and Dexter Michigan. You will find that each of our offices are very personalized and friendly to provide you the care that you need. Our team of podiatrists and foot doctors will make sure that you never feel “like just another patient. We genuinely want to help eliminate your toenail pain, ankle pain, plantar fasciitis and heel pain.
Directions to The Brighton Mi Office:
Podiatrist Brighton Michigan
New Patient Paperwork:
When your scheduling a new office appointment at our Brighton Michigan Office. We will require you to fill out the following new patient paperwork.
Please click on the following link and fill out the paperwork.
If you are able to arrive early, please make sure this paperwork is completed.
Arriving 30 minutes earlier will really make your life easy.
Video of Our Brighton Michigan Office:
- Our Brighton Michigan podiatrist and foot doctor office is located around the bend between the highway and between St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Brighton.
- The easiest way to find our office is to look for the bend of Grand River just next to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Brighton.
- See Map Below.
- Click this link for google map directions: Brighton Podiatrist Google Maps Location & Directions
Brighton Michigan Contact Information:
- We are located just southeast of St. Joseph Mercy Brighton Hospital.
- We are on the east side of Grand River as it heads toward the highway.
- We are north of I-96 Highway.
- Fax: +1 (810) 227-7721
- 7743 Grand River Ave Ste 102, Brighton, MI 48114, USA
Brighton Podiatrists Accepted Insurance.
We accept most major forms of insurance. Just be aware that some insurances do not cover durable medical equipment. We will do our best to let you know well ahead of time prior to dispensing any equipment.
This is not an exclusive list, but the main insurances we accept:
- Medicare Advantage Plans.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Priority Health.
- Blue Care Network Premier Care (BCN Premier Care).
- United Health Care.
Brighton Mi Foot Doctors:
We have three foot doctors and podiatrists that work out of our Brighton Michigan Office.
- Dr. Tom Biernacki has been serving Livingston County and Washtenaw county since 2014.
- Graduated as medical school valedictorian in a class of over 100. Dr. Biernacki then completed what is considered one of the best surgical residencies for foot and ankle surgery in Michigan right here in Ann Arbor at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital.
- Dr. Biernacki then went on further to work at the University of Texas San Antonio with Dr. Zgonis to train in diabetic foot and ankle surgery He then trained in new advanced surgical concepts in Chicago at St. Joseph Mercy presence hospital with Dr. Rodriguez.
- His philosophy includes nonsurgical and biomechanical treatment options. We believe that almost all foot and ankle conditions can be greatly improved through nonsurgical treatments. We will work very hard to avoid having to do surgery on you, but if we feel that a test is in your best interest we will suggested as an option. As you start to choose surgery for yourself, we will go over the pros and cons of each procedure that may be an option for you.
- He lists his focus on treating conditions from a biomechanical standpoint preferring to avoid surgery whenever possible, but he does perform surgery on Monday afternoons in St. Joseph Brighton and Fridays in St. Joseph Livingston Howell.
- Dr. Biernacki is married and has two young daughters. Dr. Biernacki was born in Poland, but has performed he has gone to undergraduate university, at the University of Memphis Tennessee. He then pursued a Masters degree in biochemistry at the University of Windsor in Canada, where he played University football. Dr. Biernacki then pursued a four year medical degree where he was named valedictorian. He then completed a three-year surgical residency training program in foot and ankle surgery. And then pursued two separate many fellowships.
- He takes a special interest in diabetic wound care, sports medicine as well as foot and ankle surgery within the hospital system including St. Joseph Ann Arbor.
- Dr. Biernacki will be able to talk about various types of surgeries with you including some of the most advanced bunion surgery techniques, hammertoe surgery techniques, heel spur surgery, ankle surgery, Achilles tendon surgery and flatfoot surgeries.
- Dr. Bonanni graduated from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He graduated Magna Cum Laude from William Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in 1997 and has been in practice for over 19 years
- He has completed a prestiguous medical and surgical residency at Harvard Medical school associated Cambridge Hospital in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Dr. Bonanni specializes in diabetic foot care, biomechanical evaluation and sports medicine.
- He has 4 children with his beautiful wife and has resided in Livingston county and Howell for the majority of his life.
- Dr. Bonanni is known for his warm people skills and excellent medical knowledge.
- Dr. Meyka-Blanchard graduated from Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine in 2001 and has been in practice for over 13 years.
- She completed a residency at Saint John Macomb Oakland Hospital Oakland Center. She currently practices at Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists and is affiliated with St Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital and St Mary Mercy Livonia Hospital.
- Dr. Meyka-Blanchard specializes in at risk foot care, biomechanics and sports medicine.
- See why Dr. Meyka-Blanchard has excellent patient reviews and come see her today!
Foot Pain Treatments Provided:
1)Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Pain:
- Heel pain is a very common disorder, most people will experience it throughout their lives. We want to make sure that this is not something that makes you less productive or keeps you from getting out of bed in the morning.
- Plantar fasciitis can eventually lead to a heel spur. That heel spurs a sharp projection on the bottom of your foot from your heel. We can usually avoid having to do any type of heel spur surgery, while still improving your heel pain. Over 90% of the time we can get your pain better pretty quickly without needing to do anything invasive.
- Plantar fasciitis presents as soreness and pain in the morning. Our podiatrist and foot doctors are very experienced in training you in plantar fasciitis exercises, showing you what plantar fasciitis is, the causes of planar fasciitis and then going into deep depth on the plantar fasciitis treatments.
- Our first goal with plantar fasciitis, is to make sure that we get rid of the immediate pain get you back to work and get you moving as quickly as possible. We can do this almost immediately and if your pain is severe enough there are things like various medications and steroid injections available. We can also go over education and non-medication treatments.
- The second step planar fasciitis treatment is to control your biomechanics. We do this by focusing on the right type of shoes, and the right type of orthotics.
- Plantar fasciitis is at its heart a biomechanical problem. By assessing where you are tight, whether it’s your hamstrings, your calf muscles, your knees or your ankles there is a reason you’re having this problem. The long-term strategy is to identify why you are having these problems and correct it.
2)Ingrown Toenail Treatment:
- Ingrown toenails are another problem that are podiatrists are used to dealing with very regularly. This is what we consider an emergent situation. This can lead to infections in severe pain. If you feel that you have an infection or severe pain that cannot wait, we will do our best to make sure to get you in almost immediately.
- There are many different types of ingrown toenail treatments, if you do have infection, we do need to take a culture of the site to see what bacteria are growing here and we will need to make sure that we can treat it with an antibiotic.
- We can perform an in office ingrown toenail surgery. This procedure involves numbing up the toe, just like a dentist would numb up the cavity. Your toe will feel great the rest of the day and we can remove the ingrown border very comfortably. This will keep your pain away for numerous weeks, if we had some medication at this time it can keep it away permanently. But we prefer not to do this when your toe is infected were very angry as to allow it to just calm down and heal.
Bunion Treatment and Bunion Surgery:
- Bunions are a dislocation of your big toe joint. It is important for us to get an x-ray of your foot to make sure that you don’t have multiple other problems going on such as arthritis.
- A bunion is a dislocation of the big toe joint, it is more common in women and more common in tight shoes. This is not something that requires immediate bunion surgery, most people can greatly improve their pain through good orthotics choices and good shoes.
- By simply wearing good supportive shoes within the house, getting your foot ankle and knee evaluated for contractures and weakness, we can make the pain be improved very quickly.
- For some people the bunion is severe enough where you might require surgical intervention and therapies. Our podiatrists have some of the most advanced training, and the highest credentials and qualifications in the foot and ankle surgery world. You can feel confident that we will bring you proven safe results. Oliver bunion surgeries are performed at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, where you can expect some of the best anesthesiologists, the best nursing staff in the best surgical support staff.
- We will work with you to make sure that this is something approved by insurance, before any treatment plan is pursued. So, if you are having bunion pain, come visit us for bunion treatment and bunion surgical options.
- These are very safe and effective treatment options that should have you feeling better and get you back to work or to your life as quickly as possible.
4)Hammer Toe and Neuroma Surgery:
- Hammer toes and neuroma are very related conditions. These both develop due to increased forefoot pressure, tendon imbalances and tightness through your Achilles tendon and ankle. These problems develop due to changing foot mechanics, and your foot flattening out.
- The causes of hammer code development are contractures of both your flexor or extensor tendons. Initially it is possible to correct these in the office with good long-lasting correction. Most of our patients are correctable through good biomechanical evaluation, good orthotic placement, and good sugar modification. No invasive or surgical therapy is ever needed.
- Neuroma can develop in between what is called the metatarsal heads, this is the base of the small toes. This is compression of the nerve in between the toes. This can cause radiating and sharp zapping like pain.
- We do perform both hammer toe surgery and neuroma surgery. We work at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital for the surgeries. We work with the best team of anesthesiologists, nurses and surgical technicians. You can rest assure that you are in great hands with the best trained podiatrists and hospital staff for these procedures.
5)Corn, Callus and Skin Condition Treatments:
- Podiatrists are also well-trained dermatology practitioners in the foot and ankle. We could shave down calluses, corns to take biopsies for any soft tissue disorders that you may have.
- It is very common to have bumps lumps and concerning soft tissue lesions. Don’t keep awake at night wondering if this is something dangerous. Let us take a peek, get rid of it for you and if needed take a biopsy to rule out anything dangerous.
- These are considered medically necessary problems, these are not elective issues that are not covered by insurance. If you are having pain something is worrying you, this is something that should be covered by insurance. If something is not covered, we will let you know we will let you know if it is a cosmetic problem, but it is extremely where to have somebody come into our office and it be something cosmetic.
- So, if you are worried about your foot and ankle, then don’t worry we’ve got you covered. We can take care of your corns and calluses, plantar warts and other soft tissue lesions.
6)Toenail Fungus and Medical Pedicures:
- Toenail fungus is a persistent problem that can cause you issues. Our podiatrists are well trained to perform medical pedicures. This includes safe sterile techniques to take care of your toenail fungus and skin issues.
- This is something that is covered by insurance if it is found to be medically necessary. We are not here for cosmetic purposes, but here to trim the toenails and take care of your corns and calluses to prevent infection and hospitalization.
- If you are a diabetic you may be eligible for things like diabetic shoes, and more frequent evaluation to prevent hospitalization.
- All our podiatrists are available throughout the week to provide the service for you.
Brighton Michigan Podiatrist & Foot Doctor Qualifications:
- All our podiatrists in Brighton are all extensively trained through medical school which follows a 4 year college degree.
- All our podiatrists and foot doctors are trained through a multi-year hospital based surgical residency, as well as extensive certification processes.
- Our podiatric surgeons are your best choice for surgery. These surgeons have extensive qualifications including residencies at Harvard among them.
- Our podiatrists and foot are extensively trained in bunions, foot surgery, heel surgery and ankle surgery.
- Our podiatric surgeons are extensively trained in bunion pain, hammer toe pain, ingrown toenail pain, heel pain, toenail fungus, ankle and leg pain.
- We can provide you with top level options in both surgical and non-surgical treatment options.
Why are we the best choice to be your Podiatrist, Surgeon and Foot Doctor:
- We are focused on providing the highest quality and lowest possible cost care for you.
- We are focused on advanced technology and the most current evidence based techniques.
- Our primary modality is through non-surgical care and this will be our focus, but we are extensively trained in all aspects of foot and ankle surgery.
- We can provide orthotic, prosthetic and biomechanical care for all of your foot and ankle needs.
- This is why we are your best choice for being a your Brighton Michigan Podiatrist.
IHA and St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Preferred and On Staff Podiatrists Foot Doctors:
- Our podiatric physicians are on staff at all local St. Joseph Mercy Hospital locations, including St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Brighton Michigan.
- We are a preferred choice to be your IHA podiatrist and foot doctor.
- This allows us to provide you inpatient and outpatient care.
- We will be by your side from start to finish whether you need a pair of orthotics, an ingrown toenail or surgery.
- Being on staff at a hospital ensures high level credentialing and physician background reviews on a regular basis. We are regularly assessed and reviewed to provide high quality care by these organizations.
- Make us your choice to provide your hospital care at St. Joseph Mercy Brighton.
Read our Yelp & Google + Local Reviews:
If you would be so kind, we would always appreciate any encouraging reviews!
We are a locally owned small business and we would always appreciated your recommendations!
This is also known as brighton foot and ankle, brighton foot care and we were also known previously known as Brighton family foot care center. We are also known as Michigan Foot Doctors and Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists.
Our Other Michigan Podiatrist and Foot Doctor Locations: