Sore Feet In Morning?
Sore Feet In Morning? This is one of the most painful and common foot problems. 15% of the entire world will suffer from this condition.
What Are Sore Feet In Morning?
Sore feet in the morning are due to a condition called inflammation:
- Inflammation is an attempt by the body to heal itself.
- Inflammation is the necessary first step of tissue remodeling.
- If you damage & overuse your muscles and ligaments, the body attempts to repair them.
- Morning soreness is the body not being able to finish healing in time.
- This pain usually builds up over years or decades!
Symptoms of Feet Hurting In The Morning:
- Foot pain after sitting.
- Foot pain after sleeping.
- They hurt more after a long day of standing or walking.
- Pain usually gets better after walking for 15-20 minutes or so.
- Pain gets better with Aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- Massaging the arches or heel makes it feel much better.
- Elevating or icing the feet make them feel better.
Causes Of Sore Feet In Morning:
Your feet hurt in morning because they are overused during the day:
- As you walk on your feet, the muscles & ligaments become damaged and stretched.
- Stretching your ligaments is like stretching an old elastic over and over.
- Eventually it will start to crack and then eventually brake.
- This happens to your foot tissue known as the plantar fascia.
- This tissue develops small cracks & stretch marks that need healing.
- This morning pain is your body telling you to walk less & let it heal!
Who Is At Risk For Feet Hurting In The Morning:
Anyone who puts more stress & overuse on their feet:
- Overweight people.
- Older people.
- Flat foot people.
- Less cushioned or supportive shoes.
- No arch support.
- Walking more barefoot.
- Running more.
- Standing on your feet all day at work.
My Feet Hurt In The Morning Treatment:
Treatment usually consists of 4 stages:
1)Confirm pain is due to soreness in the morning:
- Make sure this is what you have before starting treatment.
- It is very annoying to lose time and money to treat the wrong thing.
2) Stop feet from hurting in the morning:
- Getting rid of the pain is the #1 goal.
- This can be done very effectively according to research.
3) Keep the feet from hurting in the morning:
- Abnormal biomechanics or unusual stress on your foot is usually to blame.
- It is essential that you control your foot biomechanics:
- This is done through shoe selection, arch control, stretching & strengthening exercises.
4) Extensive therapy for morning foot soreness:
- This is usually only needed in 5% of people.
- Find out if surgery, steroid injections or ultrasound are necessary.