Toenail Pain [Toenail Fungus, Ingrown Toenails, Discolored Toenails]
Best Vicks Vapor Rub Toenail Fungus Home Treatment [Home Remedy]
Vicks Vapor Rub Toenail Fungus Treatment: This simple treatment method requires only a couple of things that are readily available at home!
- Vick’s vapor rub can help your toenail fungus if used properly.
- We are foot doctors, and we see toenail fungus getting better every day!
- We go over videos & pictures for toenail fungus treatment and how to get your nails better!
- So make sure you are preparing your toenails properly for good toenail fungus treatment and relief!
So, let’s GO!
Causes of Thick Toenail Fungus:
Toenail Fungus Picture Gallery:
This gallery shows different types of toenail fungus.
- The most common type is called subungual onychomycosis. This is when the toenail fungus gets underneath the toenail and lifts the nail.
- This can cause damage to the toenail bed, preventing future attachment of the toenail.
- It is also possible to get superficial white onychomycosis. This is the buildup of white superficial fungus on top of the toenail.
- If you just removed your toenail polish, this may not be fungus. It may be something called keratin granulations.
- This may not be fungus if you have white horizontal lines or white horizontal ridges on your toenails.
- It is also possible to get it throughout the entire nail, or the nail is destroyed and is dead.
- The good news is these are all very treatable!
So click on the photos for gallery mode & description!
Click on pictures for full size & descriptions:
Toenail Fungus Treatment Guide – Overview:
Do you want to cure toenail fungus as quickly as possible?
- There is really just one SECRET!
- The secret is that the discolored toenail is already dead. You have to trim it and file it down.
- The more you can groom and leave only blood flow-rich toenails, the better and faster you will heal.
- Don’t waste time and money trying to heal detached and destroyed toenail tissue.
- Please clean it up and start from good health and still alive toenail.
- If you can do that, any one of these products or even Vick’s Vapor Rub will work great on your discolored yellow and thick toenails.
Consider these recommended products for your toenail fungus:
- It would help if you still considered Vick’s Vapor Rub. It works great.
- These are just some other effective alternative options for your yellow crumbling toenails!
How Does Vick’s Vapor Rub Work?
- Vick’s Vapor Rub contains the ingredients Camphor (4.8%), Thymol (1.2%), and Menthol (2.6%), which have all been shown to all fight against toenail fungus in some research studies.
- A Spanish study states that Vick’s Vapor rub is very effective.
- The Mayo Clinic admits that while many people vouch for this treatment method, it is difficult to prove that Vick’s Vapor Rub has a great deal of effectiveness.
- Anecdotal from our standpoint is that it can definitely kill fungus if used correctly!
How To Use Vick’s Vapor Rub For Toenail Fungus?
There is an under 40% chance that this method will work on your fungal nails alone, but the odds can increase to perhaps even 50-80% if:
- The area of nail involvement is under 50% of the total nail surface.
- There is no ingrowing of the nails into the skin edges.
- The nail is not painful.
- The skin under and around the nail still looks normal and has not yet become thick.
- No White/yellow or orange/brown streaks in the nail exist.
The Keys To Curing Toenail Fungus with Vicks Vapor Rub:
If you follow this treatment guide, you can get as close to 100% if you follow this guide!
The supplies in this list can find all of these supplies very easily at home:
- Nail File, emery board, or nail file.
- Vick’s Vapor Rub.
- 1-3 months to kill the fungus.
- 6-9 months for complete nail regrowth. (Seriously!).
Home Treatment Guide:
1)Trim and file the nail down before you try any treatment!
- Studies show that using an emery board to file your nails down in length and thickness increases the effectiveness of all of the following treatments by 15-25%, which is actually huge if you only have a 40% of working in the first place!
- The nail fungus has been shown to create a thick impenetrable layer of bio-film covering your toenail that prevents topical medications and treatments from entering the nail bed.
- Research states that as you thin down your nails with an emery board or a pumice stone, as described in treatment section #1 above, you gain a 15-25% increased chance of the following treatments working for you.
- This means medications have to travel a smaller distance and have less resistance in the distance that they do travel.
- So trim your nails before the following treatments are tried!
2)Apply Vick’s, Vapor Rub:
- Apply Vick’s vapor rub onto the affected toenails on top of the nail and around the nail edges, both on the sides and the front.
- Try to smear it into the toenail.
3)Consider using socks:
- Then put some socks over it, so it does not get onto your sheets.
- This is not essential. This is mostly a cosmetic benefit.
4)Use it daily:
- If you miss a night, it’s not a big deal, but try to use it consistently.
- The goal is to rub it onto your nail every night before you go to bed.
5)4+ weeks shows most benefit:
You must do this for at least 6 weeks to 12 weeks minimum to eradicate the fungus from your nails!
6)Toenails grow slow:
- The nails then need 6-9 months to grow out.
- A toenail grows on average 1.5mm per month.
- This is a long, slow and painful process. Just be persistent!
7)Watch the treatment video:
Follow the complete toenail fungus treatment guide to find out how to get the nail healthy faster!
Other Related Nail Problems:
See if any of these other problems apply to your situation!
- Toenail Fungus
- Very Long Toenails
- Ingrown Toenail
- Toenail Falling Off
- Black Streaks Under The Nails
- White Patches On Toenails
- Black Spot Under The Toenail
- Red Spot Under The Toenail
- Toenail Coming Off The Nail Bed
- Toenail Psoriasis
Consider Athlete’s Foot Fungus Treatment:
If you have toenail fungus, it is also important to treat your athlete’s foot fungus.
Even if you cure your toes, it can simply cross back onto your toes, don’t let that happen!
- Vick’s Vapor rub can work well on foot fungus as well.
- These are great alternative products.
- If not treated, the fungus can come right back onto your toenails.
- Products are listed below.
Toenail Fungus (Onychomycosis) Treatment & Cure Infographic:
Toenail Fungus Home Treatment:
- These are our favorite products to treat toenail fungus at home.
- It is difficult to properly diagnose any health problem such as toenail fungus with 100% certainty. So see your podiatrist and make sure you are not missing anything!
- Also, many of these products are considered beauty products more so than health products. Just be aware that they are not always FDA evaluated or approved in any way.
How to fix toenail fungus:
- There are many different types of toenail damage.
- In our experience, about easily 50% or more is related to toenail fungus.
- The key to toenail fungus is to trim it as much as possible and file that nail down vertically and length-wise.
- If you can do that, you have to make sure you can kill fungus the rest of the way with creams and topical medication.
- The best way to do that is to soak exfoliate the affected toenail skin. So, foot soaks can be a strong anti-fungus solution.
- At the same time, you have to apply anti-fungal medication such as these medications evaluated here or the toenail repair pens.
Recommended foot fungus products:
- It is also vital to fix your foot fungus.
- Athlete’s feet can be beneficial to remove from the foot because if left unchecked, they can quickly spread back to the toenails even if they are fixed.
- Even if you cure your toenail fungus, keep your toenails trimmed in healthy: your foot fungus can spread back into toenails.
- So make sure you treat your foot fungus, as well as your toenail fungus.
Best Toenail Fungus Clippers & Files:
- You have to be careful using at home, and definitely be safe and don’t use these if you have dangerous health conditions.
- It is important to see a podiatrist for foot evaluation and care if you have continued health care issues or problems with your feet.
- These are some great value heavy-duty clippers and sets.
- The key is to cut straight across and file the nail down from the top to keep it from impinging in the corners.
- It is also important to make sure all dead, dry skin is removed surrounding the foot.
- This is where you should really see your podiatrist if you have any concerns or are worried about cutting or hurting yourself.
- This is something covered, so don’t take chances with your health!
Best Toenail Fungus Polish and Remover:
- There is some great toenail fungus polish options and polish removal options.
- There are no acetone-based toenail polish removers, they don’t dry as quickly, but they are less like a dehydrator toenail.
- This also applies to your fingernails and hands.
- The benefits of using these non-toxic toenail polishes are that they are filled with non-fungal options such as tea tree oil, preventing toenail fungus.
- These can also work well for the fingernails.
- So great combo is to use one of these healthier toenail paint options, as well as a non-acetone-based toenail polish remover.
Best Shoes For Toenail Injuries:
- The key to prevent toenail ripping and lifting is to have good supportive shoes.
- If you have a good supportive shoe that keeps pressure off your toes in your toenails, there will be no lifting and cracking to allow bacteria and fungus to get in.
- This almost seems counter-intuitive, but when people make a switch to perfect supportive shoes that fit properly, their toenail problems almost always get better over the next few months or a year.
- Your current nail is already likely destroyed, especially with joggers toe, but let the new nail growing healthy without new damage.
- Click the following link for our most recommended shoes. Try to focus on shoes with mesh and room around the big toe and also the smaller toes.
Best Antifungal Moisture Wicking Socks:
- These are some great options for moisture-wicking sucks.
- The more you can wick moisture from your foot, the less chance there is that toenail fungus, and athlete’s foot can survive.
- We tried to focus on budget value stocks that are not too expensive.
- Sure there are better stocks out there, but these are great socks for a great price for most people.
- If you have diabetes, focus on getting yourself some diabetic socks.
Best woman’s antifungal socks:
Best men’s antifungal socks:
Table could not be displayed.
Toenail Pain [Toenail Fungus, Ingrown Toenails, Discolored Toenails]