Toenail Pain [Toenail Fungus, Ingrown Toenails, Discolored Toenails]
How to Heal Toenail Fungus [Home Remedies & Best Treatment!]
The Best Ways How To Heal Toenail Fungus: #1) Home Remedies & #2) Best Treatment Products & #3) When to see a podiatrist. Get better NOW!
This gallery shows different types of toenail fungus.
- The most common type is called subungual onychomycosis, this is when the toenail fungus gets underneath the toenail and lifts the nail.
- This can cause damage to the toenail bed, preventing future attachment of the toenail.
- It is also possible to get superficial white onychomycosis, this is the buildup of white superficial fungus on top of the toenail.
- It is also possible to get it throughout the entire nail, or the nail is completely destroyed and did.
- The good news is these are all very treatable!
So click on the photos for gallery mode & description!
Click on pictures for full size & descriptions:
Understand how to Heal your Toenail Fungus before Blowing your $:
- Yellow and deformed nails are different from nail fungus. This is very important, so I’ll say it again!
- Nail fungus usually shows up after you already have yellow and deformed nails!
- Dr. Bakotic, the leading foot and toenail dermatopatholigist states in recent medical studies that in 70% patients, the nail was thick and yellow before fungus even got there!
2 Things Need to Happen to Get Toenail Fungus
- 1)There needs to be some microtrauma or a traumatic injury to the toenail.
- 2)There needs to be decreased blood flow or immune suppression for the toenail to thrive.
If you have microtrauma but are otherwise healthy, you are in great shape to heal your toenail fungus.
Use The Home Remedies only if you meet these criteria! Otherwise they will not work!
- The home remedies and topical creams are not very effective on their own.
- They normally work under 40% when the conditions are right.
- If the conditions are not right, then there is virtually a 0% chance of them working.
- This does not mean that they are bad, you can combine for greater effect with strategies I will show you.
- There is also no harm in trying the easy solution first and seeing what happens.
- So see if you qualify for these home remedies:
Use Home Treatment or Over The Counter Medication if:
- Area of nail involvement is under 50% of the total nail surface.
- There is no ingrowing of the nails into the skin edges.
- The nail is not painful.
- The skin under and around the nail still looks normal and has not yet become thick.
- No White, yellow, orange, brown streaks in the nail exist.
The Home Treatment Reviews:
- A Spanish study states that Vick’s Vapor rub is very effective.
- The Mayo Clinic states that while many people vouch for this treatment method, it is difficult to prove that the Vick’s Vapor Rub is effective.
Vick’s Vapor Rub contains ingredients which have been independently proven to have anti-fungal properties in studies.
- Camphor (4.8%).
- Thymol (1.2%).
- Menthol (2.6%).
- A Michigan State University (MSU) study shows that Vinegar has anti-fungal properties.
- The MSU study has specifically to reduce nail fungus symptoms and even cure the fungus, but it was in very superficial fungus in completely healthy people.
- Apple Cider Vinegar provides a inhospitable acidic environment for the fungus. It is common to hear stories about how pouring just a little bit on foot skin fungus has made people almost instantaneously better!
There is much less research behind using Listerine for toenail fungus. But like vick’s vapor rub, there is a good amount of testimonials stating it works, and the ingredients are anti-fungal. Thus there has to be something behind it.
Listerine contains the ingredients which have been independently proven to have anti-fungal properties in studies.
- Tea Tree Oil
- Over the Counter
- Hydrogen Perodixe
- Oregano Oil
- Vinegar oil
- Laser Removal
- Topical treatment
- Treatment boots
- Get rid of naturally
Toenail Fungus (Onychomycosis) Treatment & Cure Infographic:
Toenail Fungus Home Treatment:
- These are our favorite products to treat toenail fungus at home.
- It is difficult to properly diagnose any health problem such as toenail fungus with 100% certainty. So go see your podiatrist and make sure you are not missing anything!
- Also many of these products are considered beauty products more so than health products, just be aware that they are not always FDA evaluated or approved in any way.
How to fix toenail fungus:
- There are many different types of toenail damage.
- In our experience, about easily 50% or more is related to toenail fungus.
- The key to toenail fungus is to trim it is much as possible, and file that nail down vertically and length wise.
- If you are able to do that, you have to make sure you can kill fungus the rest of the way with creams and topical medication.
- The best way to do that is to soak exfoliate the affected toenail skin. So, foot soaks can be a strong anti-fungus solution.
- At the same time you have to apply anti-fungal medication such as these medications evaluated here, or the toenail repair pens
Recommended foot fungus products:
- It is also very important to fix your foot fungus.
- Athlete’s foot can be beneficial to remove from the foot, because if left unchecked it can quickly spread back to the toenails even if they are fixed.
- Even if you cure your toenail fungus, keep your toenails trimmed in healthy: it is possible for your foot fungus to spread back into toenails.
- So make sure you treat your foot fungus, as well as your toenail fungus.
Best Toenail Fungus Clippers & Files:
- This is something you have to be careful using at home, and definitely be safe and don’t use these if you have dangerous health conditions.
- It is important to see a podiatrist for foot evaluation and care if you are having continued health care issues or problems with your feet.
- These are some great value heavy duty clippers and sets.
- The key is to cut straight across, and file the nail down from the top to keep it from impinging in the corners.
- It is also important to make sure all dead dry skin is removed surrounding the foot.
- This is where you should really see your podiatrist if you have any concerns or worried about cutting or hurting yourself.
- This is something covered, so don’t take chances with your health!
Best Toenail Fungus Polish and Remover:
- There are some great toenail fungus polish options and polish removal options.
- There are none acetone based toenail polish remover’s, they don’t dry as quickly, but they are less like a dehydrator toenail.
- This also applies for your fingernails and hands.
- The benefits of using these non-toxic toenail polishes are: they are filled with non-fungal options such as tea tree oil which prevent the spread of toenail fungus.
- These can also work well for the fingernails.
- So great combo is to use one of these healthier toenail paint options, as well as a non-acetone based toenail polish remover.
Best Shoes For Toenail Injuries:
- The key to prevent toenail ripping and lifting is to have a good supportive shoes.
- If you have a good supportive shoe, that keeps pressure off your toes in your toenails, there will be no lifting and cracking to allow bacteria and fungus to get in.
- This almost seems counter-intuitive, but when people make a switch to really good supportive shoes that fit properly, there toenail problems almost always get better over the next few months or a year.
- Your current nail is already likely destroyed, especially with joggers toe, but let the new nail growing healthy without new damage.
- Click the following link for our most recommended shoes. Try to focus on shoes with mesh and room around the big toe and also the smaller toes.
Best AntiFungal Moisture Wicking Socks:
- These are some great options for moisture wicking sucks.
- The more you are able to wick moisture from your foot, the less chance there is that toenail fungus and athlete’s foot can survive.
- We tried to focus on budget value stocks that are not too expensive.
- Sure there are better stocks out there, but these are great socks for a great price for most people.
- If you are a diabetic focus on getting yourself some diabetic socks.
Best woman’s antifungal socks:
Best men’s antifungal socks:
- One of the most common biomechanical causes of toenail problems, bunions, hammer toes and outside of the foot problems is poorly fitting shoes.
- A well fitting and proper shoes can sometimes even make all the difference in heel pain and overall foot pain.
- If you have shoes that are too small or too big this can result in crowding or too much motion and sliding within your shoe.
- This can cause people to walk improperly and put more weight on their knees, hips and lower back!
- We usually find that people make some of the 10 mistakes that we talk about.
- Watch the below treatment video to make sure that this never happens again!
Toenail Pain [Toenail Fungus, Ingrown Toenails, Discolored Toenails]