Bump Or Lump On Top Of Foot
Bump Or Lump On Top Of Foot: A bump or lump on top of the foot is also known as a bone spur. This condition can cause numbness & tingling.
What Is The Top Of The Foot Bump Or Lump:
This is almost always a bone spur.
- A bone spur can form normally as a result of abnormal forces.
- Increased pressure and stress through the midfoot bones cause bone friction.
- This bone friction causes little spurs to develop over years and decades.
- The top of the foot is one of the most common spots for a bone spur.
Causes Of Top Of Foot Bump or Lump:
Anything that causes increased force or compression through the foot.
- Dorsal compression syndrome results abnormal force through the foot.
- It causes stretching of the bottom of the foot.
- It also causes compression of the top of the foot.
- This can lead to bone spurs on top of the foot and heel or arch pain at the bottom.
- Previous broken bones or trauma is also a cause.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Psoriatic arthrits.
Other Bone Spurs:
Bottom of the foot or heel bone spur.
Back of the foot or heel bone spur.
Calcaneal spur or heel spur.
Big Toe Joint Spur.
Ankle bone spurs.
Outside of foot bone spur.
Shoulder bone spur.
Neck bone spur.
Cervical bone spurs.
Will A Bump Or Lump On Top Of Foot Go Away?
These causes of bumps or lumps will go away:
These causes bumps or lumps need surgery:
Lump Or Bump On Top Of Foot Treatment:
It is impossible to remove the bone spur without surgery.
Treatment will focus on control of inflammation:
1)Rest, Ice, Compression & Elevation of the foot.
2)Oral anti-inflammatory medication.
3)Topical anti-inflammatory medication.
4) Better fitting shoes.
5)Orthotics to control the foot structure the induced the improper foot structure.
- Dorsal Compression Syndrome Treatment Guide.