Toenail Pain [Toenail Fungus, Ingrown Toenails, Discolored Toenails]
Diseases of the Toenails: [Causes & Best Treatments]
There are 50+ possible diseases of the toenails and fingernails! Common Types #1)toenail fungus, #2)ingrown toenails and #3)bruised toenails.
- Yellow & green toenail fungus can be improved with a few simple treatment changes.
- We are foot doctors & we see this problem get better almost every day.
- The goal is to solve this problem without medication or surgery if at all possible.
So, let’s GO!
This gallery shows different types of toenail fungus.
- The most common type is called subungual onychomycosis, this is when the toenail fungus gets underneath the toenail and lifts the nail.
- This can cause damage to the toenail bed, preventing future attachment of the toenail.
- It is also possible to get superficial white onychomycosis, this is the buildup of white superficial fungus on top of the toenail.
- It is also possible to get it throughout the entire nail, or the nail is completely destroyed and did.
- The good news is these are all very treatable!
So click on the photos for gallery mode & description!
Click on pictures for full size & descriptions:
Common Toenail Diseases:
- Toenail Fungus.
- Very Long Toenails.
- Ingrown Toenail.
- Bruised Toenails.
- Toenail Falling Off.
- Permanent Ingrown Toenail Removal Surgery.
- Black Streaks Under The Nails.
- White Patches On Toenails.
- Black Spot Under The Toenail.
- Red Spot Under The Toenail.
- Green Spot Under The Toenail.
- Toenail Coming Off The Nail Bed.
- Toenail Psoriasis .
- Black Toenail.
Toenail Fungus Is A Majority of All Toenail Problems:
Associated Toe Problems:
- Foot Corn.
- Foot Blister.
- Callus Foot Pain.
- Swollen Painful Toe.
- Fractured Hallux.
- Foot Wart (Verruca).
- Itchy and Red Skin.
- Psoriasis under the toenails.
- Lichen planus
- Bacterial infection
- Foot Wart
- Subungual melanoma
- Swollen Nail Bed
- Toe Osteochondroma
- Keratin Granulations Treatment
Toenail Fungus is the major concern for most people:
- The overwhelming #1 concern for most people is the development of toenail fungus.
- They hate how ugly their nails look.
- Well have no fear we have a complete guide for how to deal with your toenail fungus, but be warned this is an absolutely massive guide that you will need to set aside some time for!
Follow our toenail fungus repair guide: Toenail Fungus Home Treatment Guide.
What else could be causing my toenail problems?
- The 2nd most common problem is an ingrown toenail.
- There are essential two solutions for dealing with you ingrown toenail.
- You can splint something under the nail at home while you continue to soften up your toenails.
- If softening them and then cutting the ingrown toenail does not work, then you should probably go and have a nail avulsion performed by a podiatrist or foot doctor.
Follow our ingrown toenail treatment guide:Ingrown Toenail Home Treatment Guide.
What if my toenails are white after removing toenail polish?
- Is this fungus?
- Another cause for concern with toenails are weird white markings appearing on them.
- Specifically white spots and black spots on your toenails.
- The white spots are usually not toenail fungus, especially after you have just removed toenail polish; they are in fact keratin granulations.
- Black spots on the toenail may be dangerous if they are a subungual melanoma, but they are usually pretty safe because it is just dried blood under there.
- Follow our complete guide to Find more!
Follow our treatment guide for white spots on your toenails: White Patches On Toenails.
Toenail Fungus (Onychomycosis) Treatment & Cure Infographic:
Toenail Fungus Home Treatment:
- These are our favorite products to treat toenail fungus at home.
- It is difficult to properly diagnose any health problem such as toenail fungus with 100% certainty. So go see your podiatrist and make sure you are not missing anything!
- Also many of these products are considered beauty products more so than health products, just be aware that they are not always FDA evaluated or approved in any way.
How to fix toenail fungus:
- There are many different types of toenail damage.
- In our experience, about easily 50% or more is related to toenail fungus.
- The key to toenail fungus is to trim it is much as possible, and file that nail down vertically and length wise.
- If you are able to do that, you have to make sure you can kill fungus the rest of the way with creams and topical medication.
- The best way to do that is to soak exfoliate the affected toenail skin. So, foot soaks can be a strong anti-fungus solution.
- At the same time you have to apply anti-fungal medication such as these medications evaluated here, or the toenail repair pens
Recommended foot fungus products:
- It is also very important to fix your foot fungus.
- Athlete’s foot can be beneficial to remove from the foot, because if left unchecked it can quickly spread back to the toenails even if they are fixed.
- Even if you cure your toenail fungus, keep your toenails trimmed in healthy: it is possible for your foot fungus to spread back into toenails.
- So make sure you treat your foot fungus, as well as your toenail fungus.
Best Toenail Fungus Clippers & Files:
- This is something you have to be careful using at home, and definitely be safe and don’t use these if you have dangerous health conditions.
- It is important to see a podiatrist for foot evaluation and care if you are having continued health care issues or problems with your feet.
- These are some great value heavy duty clippers and sets.
- The key is to cut straight across, and file the nail down from the top to keep it from impinging in the corners.
- It is also important to make sure all dead dry skin is removed surrounding the foot.
- This is where you should really see your podiatrist if you have any concerns or worried about cutting or hurting yourself.
- This is something covered, so don’t take chances with your health!
Best Toenail Fungus Polish and Remover:
- There are some great toenail fungus polish options and polish removal options.
- There are none acetone based toenail polish remover’s, they don’t dry as quickly, but they are less like a dehydrator toenail.
- This also applies for your fingernails and hands.
- The benefits of using these non-toxic toenail polishes are: they are filled with non-fungal options such as tea tree oil which prevent the spread of toenail fungus.
- These can also work well for the fingernails.
- So great combo is to use one of these healthier toenail paint options, as well as a non-acetone based toenail polish remover.
Best Shoes For Toenail Injuries:
- The key to prevent toenail ripping and lifting is to have a good supportive shoes.
- If you have a good supportive shoe, that keeps pressure off your toes in your toenails, there will be no lifting and cracking to allow bacteria and fungus to get in.
- This almost seems counter-intuitive, but when people make a switch to really good supportive shoes that fit properly, there toenail problems almost always get better over the next few months or a year.
- Your current nail is already likely destroyed, especially with joggers toe, but let the new nail growing healthy without new damage.
- Click the following link for our most recommended shoes. Try to focus on shoes with mesh and room around the big toe and also the smaller toes.
Best AntiFungal Moisture Wicking Socks:
- These are some great options for moisture wicking sucks.
- The more you are able to wick moisture from your foot, the less chance there is that toenail fungus and athlete’s foot can survive.
- We tried to focus on budget value stocks that are not too expensive.
- Sure there are better stocks out there, but these are great socks for a great price for most people.
- If you are a diabetic focus on getting yourself some diabetic socks.
Best woman’s antifungal socks:
Best men’s antifungal socks:
Toenail Pain [Toenail Fungus, Ingrown Toenails, Discolored Toenails]