Side Of Foot Pain
Side Of Foot Pain: There are 3 very common regions for pain on the side of your foot.
- They are near the pinky toe, near the 5th metatarsal and the heel ankle region.
- On the inside of the foot, the big toe joint and the foot arch are most common.
Pain On Side Of Foot:
Do you mean:
Pain On Outer Side Of Foot:
Pain on the outer side of the foot is most commonly in 3 areas:
1)Near the Pinky Toe:
- The pinky toe is very exposed and prone to irritation.
- If compressed by the shoe it can cause numbness burning or tingling.
- If injured it can also lead to being sprained or irritated.
- This is a very common source of irritation.
- If you stub the pinky toe, it has very weak support.
- It can very easily become sprained.
D) Tailor’s Bunion:
- This is a bunion of the 5th metatarsal head.
- It is a bump on the outside of the base of the 5th toe.
- This is very prone to irritation.
2) Foot Pain Outside Of Arch:
There are 2 very common causes for foot pain on the outside of the arch:
A) Peroneus Brevis Tenonditis:
- This is the most common source.
- This is more common as chronic running pain or pain after running.
- This is a fracture of the base of the 5th metatarsal.
- This usually happens with a severe ankle sprain.
Muscle & Tendon Pain:
3) Pain On Outer Side Of Foot Below The Ankle:
- This is most common after an ankle sprain.
- It is also very common in chronic ankle pain.
- Also if your have chronic flat foot.
These are the most common situations:
- Ankle Sprain Treatment.
- Rolled Ankle Recovery Time.
- High Ankle Sprain Recovery Time.
- Ankle Tendonitis.
- Sore Ankles After Running.
- Broken Ankle Recovery Time.
- Broken Ankle or Sprained Ankle?
- Peroneus Longus Tendonitis.
- Peroneus Brevis Tendonitis.
Pain In Side Of Foot:
There are 3 common sites of pain in side of the foot:
1) Big Toe Joint Pain:
- This is by far the most common cause of inside of the foot pain.
- This is when the inside bone bulges at the base of the big toe.
2) Inside Of Foot Arch Pain:
- This is the most common cause of heel and arch pain.
- This pain is worse in the morning and after rest.
- It is also very common after standing or walking a long period of time.
Side Foot Pain Running:
Side foot pain running is almost always due to two of the following:
1) Tailor’s Bunion:
- This is the bump at the base of your 5th toe joint.
- It is a prime site of compression and irritation.
- It can cause numbness, burning and tingling on the outside of the foot!
This is the bump on the outside middle of your foot.
If it becomes irritated, you will feel it in the morning and after running!
Burning Pain On Side Of Foot:
- Burning pain on side of foot is usually due to shoe irritation.
- This happens when the pinky toe or the 5th metatarsal head rubs against the outside of the shoe.
- The nerve pain can be treated with rest, ice, compression and elevation.
- It can take a couple weeks for the pain to go away.
- But correct the constriction within your shoes, or this will keep getting worse!
Sharp Pain On Side Of Foot:
- Sharp pain on side of foot is usually due to nerve compression.
- If there is friction, compression and rubbing over the skin, this can impinge the nerve.
- Don’t worry, this is rarely serious.
- Correct the source of compression and the sharp pain on the side of the foot will start to go away.
- This may take a couple weeks to get better, but it will!
For More Side Of Foot Pain Help:
Other Causes of Pain in the Small Toes:
Ball of the foot:
- Morton’s Neuralgia
- Metatarsal stress fracture
- Predislocation Syndrome
- Turf Toe
- Flexor Tendonitis
- Dislocated Toe